Deposited Plan No. 1176

Firth Street: Engine House

Details

Deposited Plan Number:1176
Date:15 February 1883
Plans Register:1869-1886
Street:Firth Street
Property Name / Number:Priestroyd Mills
Area:no data
District:Central Ward
Town:Huddersfield
Grid Reference:no data
Building Project:Engine House
Type:Industrial - additions & alterations
Applicant:John Haigh & Sons
Applicant Address:no data
Architect:no data
Architect Address:no data
Status of Project:
Approved. Erected by permission of the Borough Surveyor.
Contractor:no data
Contractor Address:no data
Work Commenced:no data
Work Completed:no data
Occupants:no data
Subsequent Alterations / History:no data
English Heritage Listing:no data
Location of Archives:Kirklees West Yorkshire Archives
Buildings of Huddersfield ID:1169

Additional Information

The plans provide for the erection of a seven bay engine house against the south wall of Priestroyd Mill No 4, on the south side Firth Street opposite John Haigh & Sons Foundry and Priestroyd Mill No. 3. The roof of the new building is supported on iron beams let into the walls of the existing mill (no. 4) and stone pillars. The plans are fairly basic, and do not have a scale marked.