Deposited Plan No. 10752

Kirkgate: Additions to the Parish Church Day Schools, new classroom, store room, and W.C.s


Deposited Plan Number:10752
Date:9 April 1914
Plans Register:1914-1916
Property Name / Number:Parish Church Day Schools
District:Central Ward
Grid Reference:no data
Building Project:Additions to the Parish Church Day Schools, new classroom, store room, and W.C.s
Type:School - additions
Applicant:Vicar of Huddersfield
Applicant Address:no data
Architect:W. Cooper
Architect Address:4, Kirkgate Buildings
Status of Project:
Contractor:no data
Contractor Address:no data
Work Commenced:no data
Work Completed:no data
Occupants:no data
Subsequent Alterations / History:Demolished. Site now occupied by Kingsgate Shopping Centre.
English Heritage Listing:no data
Location of Archives:Kirklees West Yorkshire Archives
Buildings of Huddersfield ID:2298

Additional Information

The drawings show the ground plan of the existing building (See Deposited Plans 763 12 September 1879) wirh new addtiions on the south-east side and a single storey toilet block backing on to the side street on the south side of the site. The buildings are designed to blend in with the original buildings and use the same stone, ashlar dressings and green Westmoreland slates. Willie Cooper the architect trained with Edward Hughes, the original architect.

The additons have the approval of the Huddersfield Eucation Committee and have been sanctioned by the Board of Education, according to a letter dated 18 March 1914, which is included with the Building Notice.