Deposited Plan No. 1378

King Street: New shop front and other alterations.


Deposited Plan Number:1378
Date:15 January 1885
Plans Register:no data
Street:King Street
Property Name / Number:Number 20
Area:no data
District:Central ward
Grid Reference:no data
Building Project:New shop front and other alterations.
Type:Retail - additions & alterations
Applicant:Clough & Co.
Applicant Address:no data
Architect:John Kirk & Sons (Architects) [plans received by F. Kirk]
Architect Address:John William Street, Huddersfield & Dewsbury.
Status of Project:
Contractor:no data
Contractor Address:no data
Work Commenced:no data
Work Completed:no data
Occupants:no data
Subsequent Alterations / History:This shop was later to become George Hall's. Demolished 1960s.
English Heritage Listing:no data
Location of Archives:no data
Buildings of Huddersfield ID:3578

Additional Information

The plans provide for the introduction of a new shop front to the premises on the corner of King Street and Shambles Lane, The main entrance to the premises is on the corner and wide expanses of plate glass on both ground floor elevations allow maximum space for window displays. The detailing of the shop fronts fits in with the recently improved frontage to the adjacent premises at No. 22 (Hilditch). The ground floor windows are each made up of two panels of glass approximately 8 fet x 8 feet. This site was later to be occupied by George Hall's.