Deposited Plan No. 1235
Leeds Road: Alterations to Weaver's Arms
|Deposited Plan Number:||1235|
|Date:||13 September 1883|
|Property Name / Number:||Weavers' Arms|
|Grid Reference:||no data|
|Building Project:||Alterations to Weaver's Arms|
|Type:||Licenced Premises - additions & alterations|
|Applicant Address:||no data|
|Architect:||John Kirk & Sons (Architects) [plans received George Dyson]|
|Architect Address:||John William Street, Huddersfield & Dewsbury.|
|Status of Project:|
Approved - air space not sufficient, but there are special circumstances. Drains should be trapped outside. Subject to sanction of Licensing Committee.
|Contractor Address:||no data|
|Work Commenced:||no data|
|Work Completed:||no data|
|Subsequent Alterations / History:||See various applications in relation to these premises.|
|English Heritage Listing:||no data|
|Location of Archives:||Kirklees West Yorkshire Archives|
|Buildings of Huddersfield ID:||1214|
The plans provide for various internal changes centred on improving the kitchen and bedroom accommodation. The building with its main frontage on to Leeds Road is plain and domestic in scale. The site is bounded by the Broad Canal on the western side and the Leeds Rod on the eastern side.. At the southern end of the building (towards Huddersfield)the plan indicates that closets and ash pits are currently under construction.
In addition to the kitchen, the ground floor accommodation includes a Sitting Room; Tap Room; Bar and Parlour leading from a passage running the length of the building.
On the first floor, above the Kitchen and Sitting Room are three Bedrooms, whilst above the Tap Toom and Bar is a Lodge Room; and above the Parlour, a fourth Bedroom.