Deposited Plan No. 1300
St. Andrew's Road & Leeds Road: Weaving shed
|Deposited Plan Number:||1300|
|Date:||13 May 1884|
|Street:||St. Andrew's Road & Leeds Road|
|Property Name / Number:||Phoenix Mills|
|Grid Reference:||no data|
|Building Project:||Weaving shed|
|Type:||Industrial - additions & alterations|
|Applicant:||T. & H. Blamires|
|Applicant Address:||no data|
|Architect Address:||no data|
|Status of Project:|
Approved - Conditionally, erection of one by practically completed; drain should be trapped and ventilated outside the building.
|Contractor Address:||Folly Hall|
|Work Commenced:||no data|
|Work Completed:||no data|
|Subsequent Alterations / History:||no data|
|English Heritage Listing:||no data|
|Location of Archives:||Kirklees West Yorkshire Archives|
|Buildings of Huddersfield ID:||1252|
The plans provide for the erection of a weaving shed on vacant ground behind Messrs T. & H. Blamires Phoenix Mill. The site is approximately 120 feet x 54 feet stretches eastwards as far as St Andrew's Road. Supported on cast iron pillars, the four asymmetrical roof spans are glazed to make the most of the north light.
The site is bouonded on the north by land belonging to the executors of the late William Learoyd and on the soouth by land belongng to Messrs James Learoyd & Sons.