Deposited Plan No. 1345
Beaumont Street: Two Cottages
|Deposited Plan Number:||1345|
|Date:||9 October 1884|
|Property Name / Number:||no data|
|Grid Reference:||no data|
|Building Project:||Two Cottages|
|Type:||Residential - new build|
|Applicant Address:||Bradford Road, Huddersfield|
|Architect:||J.H. Hall (Architect)|
|Status of Project:|
Approved - steps to wash house should be made of stone.
|Contractor Address:||no data|
|Work Commenced:||Foundations inspected 10 may 1887; Damp Course inspected 11 May 1887; Drainage inspected 7 July 1887.|
|Work Completed:||5 August 1887. See note below.|
|Subsequent Alterations / History:||no data|
|English Heritage Listing:||no data|
|Location of Archives:||Kirklees West Yorkshire Archives|
|Buildings of Huddersfield ID:||1282|
The plans provide for the erection two cottages on an irregular shaped piece of open ground to the rear of an existing warehouse fronting on to Bradford Road. Alterations to the entrance to the warehouse are part of the application.
The cottages, which have their main elevation to Beaumont Street, each have a living room at ground floor level and two bedrooms in the chamber. A keeping cellar and coal place is housed in the basement occupying part of the site.
Along with the Building Notice are preserved the notices regarding the inspection of the foundations, damp course and drains. They are signed by William Waring, caretaker.
Also enclosed is a letter dated August 5th 1887.
Will you kindly come down and inspect the other house which is now completed and the tennant [sic] is waiting to remove, raking it as a favour,
George Pinder, listed in directories as a hairdresser in Bradford Road was clearly also a property developer.
The alterations to the two storey four bay warehouse were minor. The basement of the warehouse was occupied by a wheelwright's shop.