Deposited Plan No. 1338
Fitzwilliam Street: Alterations to house, stable &c.
|Deposited Plan Number:||1338|
|Date:||11 September 1884|
|Plans Register:||no data|
|Property Name / Number:||no data|
|Grid Reference:||no data|
|Building Project:||Alterations to house, stable &c.|
|Type:||Residential - additions & alterations|
|Applicant Address:||47, West Parade, Huddersfield|
|Architect:||Arthur Smith (Architect & Surveyor)|
|Architect Address:||Woodland Mount, Huddersfield|
|Status of Project:|
Approved, subject to the bath and W.C. drainage being amended and ventilated.
|Contractor Address:||no data|
|Work Commenced:||no data|
|Work Completed:||no data|
|Subsequent Alterations / History:||no data|
|English Heritage Listing:||no data|
|Location of Archives:||no data|
|Buildings of Huddersfield ID:||3571|
The plans provide for the consruction of a second storey over part of a single storey extension at the rear of a property to incorporate an additional bedroom at chamber level. Internal alterations at ground floor level allow for the development of a breakfast room adjacent to the conservatory. These alterations necessitate the building of a new stable & coach house and out offices.
The double fronted house has a a spacious hallway, kitchen, dining room and drawing room. A lobby with closet, leads to the new breakfast room.At chamber level, with the additional floor above the former scullery(?), thee ar four bedrooms and a bathroom. There is a further bedroom in the attic. A basement under part of the property includes a wash kitchen, keeping cellar and wine cellar.
William Eastwood Jowittis noted in directories as being a plasterer, slater, cement slate and plaster merchant. His yard was at 17 Springwood Street.
The property to the north is shown as belonging to Mr Julius Block, (See also Deposited Plans 1344, 1884), whilst that to the south to Mr Oates Bairstow (No. 76 Fitzwilliam Street.