Folly Hall: Principal mill building at Folly Hall
|Deposited Plan Number:||no data|
|Date:||1844 (replacing the earlyer mill building of 1825)|
|Plans Register:||no data|
|Property Name / Number:||Folly Hall Mill|
|Building Project:||Principal mill building at Folly Hall|
|Applicant:||Established by Joseph Kaye|
|Applicant Address:||no data|
|Architect Address:||no data|
|Status of Project:||no data|
|Contractor Address:||Buxtone Road, Huddersfield|
|Work Commenced:||no data|
|Work Completed:||no data|
|Subsequent Alterations / History:||Existing, Grade II* Listed (29 September 1978)|
|English Heritage Listing:||1134242 — listed on 29 September 1978 (old ID: 339893)|
|Location of Archives:||no data|
|Buildings of Huddersfield ID:||3997|
Early C19. Ashlar fronted. Pitched slate roof. 5 storeys and attics. Moulded eaves cornice. Parapet. 17 ranges of industrial windows with glazing bars.
2 end ranges have round-arched windows and are crowned by boldly moulded pediments.
Central 3 ranges are also crowned by a pediment, in the tympanum of which is a 5-light Venetian window with glazing bars, the outer 2 lights lower than the others. Side elevations have 5 window ranges.
(Extract from English Heritage listed buildings service, record number 339893) http://lbonline.english-heritage.org.uk/BuildingDetailsForm.aspx?id=339893&search=y
The first mill building at folly hall was built in 1825 by local Builder Joseph Kaye but was demolished after it was damaged by a fire and was replaced in 1844 by a new larger mill building which currently occupies the site.
|Record||Distance (feet & meters)|
|St. Thomas' Road: Ventre Mill||164ft||50m|
|Folly Hall: Temporary Shop and Wash Kitchen (1870) - plan# 110||196ft||60m|
|Chapel Hill / Folly Hall: Three Shops and House (1870) - plan# 92||199ft||61m|