Deposited Plan No. 700
Westgate: New Arcade (Byram Arcade)
|Deposited Plan Number:||700|
|Date:||12 December 1878|
|Property Name / Number:||Byram Arcade|
|Grid Reference:||SE 1442 1676|
|Building Project:||New Arcade (Byram Arcade)|
|Type:||Commercial & retail - new build|
|Applicant:||Sir J.W. Ramsden|
|Architect Address:||No 4, Regent Street|
|Status of Project:|
Approved subject to proper means of ventilation being provided for WCs and urinals + to a set of tracings of all the plans submitted being finished
|Contractor Address:||no data|
|Work Commenced:||no data|
|Work Completed:||no data|
|Subsequent Alterations / History:||Existing, Byram arcade now grade II listed|
|English Heritage Listing:||1224912|
|Location of Archives:||Kirklees West Yorkshire Archives|
|Buildings of Huddersfield ID:||702|
Plans deposited (9 sheets):
- Section & Elevation A-B transverse.
- Section & Elevation C-D longitudinal (Byram Court).
- Basement Plan - includes storage spaces + large refreshment room shows pay desk as well as gas & water mains.
- Attic Floor Plan (front of building to Westgate) - Offices.
- Third Floor Plan - Offices at front of building (to Westgate) warehouses behind.
- Second Floor Plan - offices around upper part of arcade - with warehouses to rear.
- First floor plan - Offices all around arcade.
- Front Elevation (Westgate) - shows more decoration on stepped gables than on the existing building (Gothic tracery) (initialled "J & R" plates on chimneys)
- Ground Plan - Shops around arcade.
Online maps: National Library of Scotland Historic Maps | Old Maps UK | Google | Google Street View | Bing
The red marker indicates the approximate location of this record. Green and yellow dots are locations of other geotagged records, where yellow means the building was subsequently demolished.
The following records are located within 100 meters: