Deposited Plan No. 740
Chapel Hill: Additions and Alterations to Royal Oak Inn and Tailoring Premises.
|Deposited Plan Number:||740|
|Date:||12 May 1879|
|Property Name / Number:||Ryal Oak Inn|
|Grid Reference:||no data|
|Building Project:||Additions and Alterations to Royal Oak Inn and Tailoring Premises.|
|Type:||Licenced Premises - additions & alterations|
|Applicant Address:||no data|
|Architect Address:||Lord Street, Huddersfield|
|Status of Project:|
Approved subject to the approval of the Licensing Committee.
|Contractor Address:||no data|
|Work Commenced:||no data|
|Work Completed:||no data|
|Subsequent Alterations / History:||no data|
|English Heritage Listing:||no data|
|Location of Archives:||Kirklees West Yorkshire Archives|
|Buildings of Huddersfield ID:||742|
The plans provide for the removal of existing outbuildings on the west side of the property and its replacement with a two storey extension and a single storey over a cellar.
The site in Chapel Hill is identified as being on a 999 Year Lease (No. 577).The property is bounded on the north by tenements in lease to Joseph Goodwin and on the west by tenements in the occupation of Edmund Eastwood.
The extension accommodates a dining room and workroom at ground floor level. Above the dining room are two beds; the workroom (of Mr. Sykes tailor's shop) is in the single storey extension.
The plans provide an insight into the layout of the public house, the entrance to which is on the corner of the block, formed by Chapel Hill, running north- south and an occupation road running east-west.
The ground floor contains a bar, kitchen and parlor [sic]. Further up the Chapel Hill frontage is Mr. J. Sykes' shop and two other shops.
There are three bedrooms and a bathroom above the public house and rooms and workrooms above the shops.
See Deposited Plans 725 (12 April 1879), which was disapproved.