Deposited Plan No. 1142

Lowerhead Row: Enlargement of Joiner's Yard

Details

Deposited Plan Number:1142
Date:12 October 1882
Plans Register:1886-1899
Street:Lowerhead Row
Property Name / Number:no data
Area:no data
District:Kirklees
Town:Huddersfield
Grid Reference:SE 1480 1691
Building Project:Enlargement of Joiner's Yard
Type:Commercial
Applicant:David Light
Applicant Address:Lowerhead Row, Huddersfield
Architect:no data
Architect Address:no data
Status of Project:
Approved
Contractor:no data
Contractor Address:no data
Work Commenced:no data
Work Completed:no data
Occupants:no data
Subsequent Alterations / History:Yard no longer existes, site has been built on
English Heritage Listing:no data
Location of Archives:Kirklees West Yorkshire Archives
Buildings of Huddersfield ID:3544

Additional Information

Enlargement project involves the demolition of several small structures to clear space for the new yard, the building work includes the erection of a new boundery wall and gates + a lean to privy.

Plans deposited: single sheet

  1. Block Plan & Elevations.

Approximate Location

Online maps: National Library of Scotland Historic Maps | Old Maps UK | Google | Google Street View | Bing
The red marker indicates the approximate location of this record. Green and yellow dots are locations of other geotagged records, where yellow means the building was subsequently demolished.

What's Nearby?

The following records are located within 100 meters:
RecordDistance (feet & meters)
Skilbeck's Yard, Lowerhead Row: Stables (stone and slate) (1895) - plan# 237294ft29m
Skilbeck's Yard, Lowerhead Row: Dwelling House + 6 WCs (1908) - plan# 433794ft29m
Lowerhead Row: New Sunday School (1899) - plan# 605146ft45m
Quay Street: Long Chimney and Boiler House (1877) - plan# 595256ft78m
Quay Street: Ten Dwelling Houses (1887) - plan# 1609256ft78m
Lowerhead Row: New Warehouse and Offices (stone built) (1885) - plan# 1458293ft89m
Lowerhead Row: New Warehouse and Shed (1885) - plan# 1439296ft90m