Deposited Plan No. 595

Quay Street: Long Chimney and Boiler House

Details

Deposited Plan Number:595
Date:9 August 1877
Plans Register:1869-1886
Street:Quay Street
Property Name / Number:Quey Street Brewery
Area:Turnbridge
District:Kirklees
Town:Huddersfield
Grid Reference:SE 1485 1685
Building Project:Long Chimney and Boiler House
Type:Industrial / Brewery
Applicant:Kaye's Exec
Applicant Address:no data
Architect:Benjamin Graham (Contractor)
Architect Address:Huddersfield
Status of Project:
Approved subject to the chimney being built 105 foot high
Contractor:Benjamin Graham (Contractor ?)
Contractor Address:Huddersfield
Work Commenced:no data
Work Completed:no data
Occupants:no data
Subsequent Alterations / History:Demolished. Site now a car park.
English Heritage Listing:no data
Location of Archives:Kirklees West Yorkshire Archives
Buildings of Huddersfield ID:597

Additional Information

Plans deposited: 2 sheets (a) Block plan (b)Plan & Elevation.

Approximate Location

Online maps: National Library of Scotland Historic Maps | Old Maps UK | Google | Google Street View | Bing
The red marker indicates the approximate location of this record. Green and yellow dots are locations of other geotagged records, where yellow means the building was subsequently demolished.

At the Same Location?

The following records are located within 10 meters:
RecordDistance (feet & meters)
Quay Street: Ten Dwelling Houses (1887) - plan# 16090ft0m

What's Nearby?

The following records are located within 100 meters:
RecordDistance (feet & meters)
Quay Street: Additions to Mill (1882) - plan# 1090131ft40m
Lowerhead Row: New Sunday School (1899) - plan# 605135ft41m
Quay Street: New Office (stone and slate) (1889) - plan# 1924164ft50m
Quay Street: Mill, Engine House, Boiler House, Warehouse and Scatering Room. (1871) - plan# 170229ft70m
Skilbeck's Yard, Lowerhead Row: Dwelling House + 6 WCs (1908) - plan# 4337230ft70m
Skilbeck's Yard, Lowerhead Row: Stables (stone and slate) (1895) - plan# 2372230ft70m
Quay Street: New Store Rooms (1889) - plan# 1973239ft73m
Lowerhead Row: Additions to Stable (1879) - plan# 733256ft78m
Lowerhead Row: Enlargement of Joiner's Yard (1882) - plan# 1142256ft78m
Lowerhead Row: New Warehouse and Shed (1885) - plan# 1439264ft81m
Lowerhead Row: New Saw Mill (1875) - plan# 419282ft86m
Lowerhead Row: Alteration to Side of Offices (1875) - plan# 465282ft86m
Quay Street: New Teasing Rooms and Warehouse (1891) - plan# 2173282ft86m
Quay Street: Addition of New Yarn Store to Turnbridge Mills (Textile) (1900) - plan# 778286ft87m
Quay Street: Turnbridge Mill (1846)286ft87m

Comments