Goods Yard, off New North Parade: Warehouse
|Deposited Plan Number:||no data|
|Date:||Mid 19th Century (between 1878 & 1883?)|
|Plans Register:||no data|
|Street:||Goods Yard, off New North Parade|
|Property Name / Number:||Stone Warehouse in Station Goods Yard|
|Area:||Town Centre, HD1 5JP|
|Applicant Address:||no data|
|Architect Address:||no data|
|Status of Project:||no data|
|Contractor Address:||no data|
|Work Commenced:||no data|
|Work Completed:||no data|
|Subsequent Alterations / History:||Existing, Grade II Listed (2 May 1978)|
|English Heritage Listing:||1287149 — listed on 2 May 1978 (old ID: 403146)|
|Location of Archives:||no data|
|Buildings of Huddersfield ID:||3827|
Mid C19. Either this or its larger neighbour beside the Ring Road were built between 1878 and 1883, at the time when Huddersfield Station was enlarged.
Hammer-dressed stone. Pitched slate roof. Parapet all round. 2 storeys to yard, the ground falling away on the railway side. Attic, with semi-circular lunettes in gable ends. 12 ranges of industrial windows, 5 in shorter sides.
Double doors with 6 moulded panels and fanlight.
(Extract from English Heritage listed buildings service, record number 403146) http://lbonline.english-heritage.org.uk/BuildingDetailsForm.aspx?id=403146&search=y