Deposited Plan No. 1201
Lockwood's Yard: Alterations to the "Farmer's Boy Inn"
|Deposited Plan Number:||1201|
|Date:||10 May 1883|
|Property Name / Number:||Farmer's Boy Inn|
|Building Project:||Alterations to the "Farmer's Boy Inn"|
|Type:||Licenced Premises - additions & alterations|
|Applicant:||Edmund Henry Walker|
|Applicant Address:||Belgrave Terrace, 54, Bath Buildings, Huddersfield|
|Architect:||Ben Stocks (Architect) [plans collected by Arthur Sykes]|
|Architect Address:||no data|
|Status of Project:|
Approved - subject to sanction of Licensing Committee. Should be more space between the rear of the buildings fronting King Street. May otherwise be approved. Good structurally.
|Contractor Address:||no data|
|Work Commenced:||no data|
|Work Completed:||no data|
|Subsequent Alterations / History:||no data|
|English Heritage Listing:||no data|
|Location of Archives:||Kirklees West Yorkshire Archives|
|Buildings of Huddersfield ID:||1188|
The project involves the erection of a two storey extension over a basement to provide additional accommodation for the existing single storey Farmer's Boy Inn in Lockwood's Yard. The extension includes two Dining Rooms and there are three bedrooms on the chamber floor. The original premises include a Serving Bar and Private Room, Smoke Room, Kitchen and Scullery. There is stabling in the adjacent yard and a urinal.
Edmund Henry Walker (1879 Huddersfield & District Directory) was a boot & shoe maker with premises at King Street, which would have backed on to Lockwood's Yard and the Farmer's Boy.
At the Same Location?
|Record||Distance (feet & meters)|
|Lockwood's Yard: Warehouse, Stables, etc (1883) - plan# 1219||0ft||0m|
|Lockwood's Yard: New Entrance to the "Farmer's Boy Inn" (1880) - plan# 829||0ft||0m|