Deposited Plan No. 1219
Lockwood's Yard: Warehouse, Stables, etc
|Deposited Plan Number:||1219|
|Date:||12 July 1883|
|Property Name / Number:||no data|
|Building Project:||Warehouse, Stables, etc|
|Type:||Commercial - additions & alterations|
|Applicant Address:||King Street, Huddersfield.|
|Status of Project:|
Approved - subject to drainage being amended to Borouogh Surveyor's satisfaction.
|Contractor Address:||no data|
|Work Commenced:||no data|
|Work Completed:||no data|
|Subsequent Alterations / History:||no data|
|English Heritage Listing:||no data|
|Location of Archives:||Kirklees West Yorkshire Archives|
|Buildings of Huddersfield ID:||1202|
The plans provide for the erection of a two-storey six-bay warehouse (measuring 24 feet by 54 feet) over a basement adjoining the Farmer's Boy Inn in Lockwood's Yard. The owner is attempting to maximise his occupancy of the site.
E. H. Walker traded as a boot & shoemaker at 4 King Street. The property behind the shop included this site with its warehouse and stable entered from Lockwood's Yard. The yard slopes down from New Street to Victoria Lane. The stable is at the lower end of the yard. The warehouse runs in parallel with the Farmer's Boy and is behind King Street.
At the Same Location?
|Record||Distance (feet & meters)|
|Lockwood's Yard: New Entrance to the "Farmer's Boy Inn" (1880) - plan# 829||0ft||0m|
|Lockwood's Yard: Alterations to the "Farmer's Boy Inn" (1883) - plan# 1201||0ft||0m|