Deposited Plan No. 795

off King Street (back of Mr Stead's Shop): Warehouse


Deposited Plan Number:795
Date:14 February 1880
Plans Register:1869-1886
Street: off King Street (back of Mr Stead's Shop)
Property Name / Number:no data
Area:Town Centre
Grid Reference:SE 1452 1659
Building Project:Warehouse
Applicant:H. & E. Wrigley
Applicant Address:no data
Architect:John Kirk & Sons
Architect Address:no data
Status of Project:
Contractor:no data
Contractor Address:no data
Work Commenced:no data
Work Completed:no data
Occupants:no data
Subsequent Alterations / History:Demolished
English Heritage Listing:no data
Location of Archives:Kirklees West Yorkshire Archives
Buildings of Huddersfield ID:797

Additional Information

2 story warehouse building over basement

Approximate Location

Online maps: National Library of Scotland Historic Maps | Old Maps UK | Google | Google Street View | Bing
The red marker indicates the approximate location of this record. Green and yellow dots are locations of other geotagged records, where yellow means the building was subsequently demolished.

What's Nearby?

The following records are located within 100 meters:
RecordDistance (feet & meters)
Victoria Lane & King Street: Five Shops and Offices (1878) - plan# 63746ft14m
Lockwood's Yard, off Victoria Lane: New Shop (Tobaconist) (1880) - plan# 84456ft17m
Lockwood's Yard, off Victoria Lane: Office and Shop (1880) - plan# 80056ft17m
Lockwood's Yard, off Victoria Lane: New Shed (1881) - plan# 92456ft17m
Lockwood's Yard: New Entrance to the "Farmer's Boy Inn" (1880) - plan# 82987ft26m
Lockwood's Yard: Warehouse, Stables, etc (1883) - plan# 121987ft26m
Lockwood's Yard: Alterations to the "Farmer's Boy Inn" (1883) - plan# 120187ft26m
Victoria Lane: No 1488ft27m
King Street: No 4117ft36m
King Street: No 13125ft38m
Greenwood's Yard, off Victoria Lane: Three Lockup Shops (1924) - plan# 14207131ft40m
Greenwood's Yard, off Victoria Lane: 2 New Shops (1924) - plan# 14448131ft40m
Greenwood's Yard, off Victoria Lane: Conversion of Warehouse into Shop Premises (1924) - plan# 14210131ft40m
New Street: No 29 - 35135ft41m
King Street: Market Hall (1880)135ft41m
King Street: No 5 and 7156ft48m
New Street: No 13171ft52m
New Street: Rebuilding of the "Boot and Shoe Inn" (1898) - plan# 277 190ft58m
New Street: Rebuilding of the "Boot and Shoe Inn" (1898) - plan# [277)190ft58m
Imperial Hotel Yard, Victoria Lane: Conversion of Coach House into a Cottage (1879) - plan# 736194ft59m
New Street: No 1 - 11195ft59m
New Street: New Facade to Shop (1898) - plan# 324195ft59m
Victoria Lane: No 18 - 28217ft66m
Victoria Lane: Conversion of Warehouse into Six Shops (1892) - plan# 2269229ft70m
Cross Church Street: No 29249ft76m
Cross Church Street: No 31258ft79m
Market Place: No 27 (Williams' and Glynn's Bank) (1860)260ft79m
Cross Church Street: No 27261ft79m
Cross Church Street: No 25269ft82m
Queen Street: New Offices (inc demolition of old buildings) (1875) - plan# 475270ft82m
New Street: Alteration at Imperial Hotel (1886) - plan# 1558281ft86m
New Street: Conversion of Part of the Imperial Hotel into Shop (1909) - plan# 6064281ft86m
Cross Church Street: No 23283ft86m
New Street: No 28288ft88m
New Street: No 2 - 14 (1770)299ft91m
Victoria Street: Alterations to Brunswick Arms (1882) - plan# 1079302ft92m
Cross Church Street: No 19304ft93m
Victoria Street: Alterations to Bull and Mouth Hotel (1882) - plan# 1122311ft95m
Cross Church Street: No 42311ft95m
New Street / Cloth Hall Street: Addition of new Managers office and W.C.s to Bank (1898) - plan# 168322ft98m
Victoria Lane: Allterations to Smoking Room (1891) - plan# 2116323ft98m
New Street: Bank Extension325ft99m
New Street: No 34325ft99m