Quay Street: Turnbridge Mill

Details

Deposited Plan Number:no data
Date:1846
Plans Register:no data
Street:Quay Street
Property Name / Number:John L Brierley's Mill, Turnbridge Mill (Textile)
Area:no data
District:Kirklees
Town:Huddersfield
Grid Reference:SE1491716794
Building Project:Turnbridge Mill
Type:Industrial
Applicant:no data
Applicant Address:no data
Architect:no data
Architect Address:no data
Status of Project:no data
Contractor:no data
Contractor Address:no data
Work Commenced:no data
Work Completed:no data
Occupants:no data
Subsequent Alterations / History:Existing, Grade II Listed (29 September 1978)
English Heritage Listing:1231214 (old ID: 406290)
Location of Archives:Kirklees West Yorkshire Archives
Buildings of Huddersfield ID:4011

Additional Information

1846 (dated). Hammer dressed stone. Pitched slate roof. Coped gable ends. 7 storeys. 11 window ranges, 6 in end elevations. Venetian window in top floor of end elevations.

[Extract from the Historic England web site, list entry number 1231214]

Location

Online maps: National Library of Scotland Historic Maps | Old Maps UK | Google | Google Street View | Bing
The red marker indicates the location of this record. Green and yellow dots are locations of other geotagged records, where yellow means the building was subsequently demolished.

At the Same Location?

The following records are located within 10 meters:
RecordDistance (feet & meters)
Quay Street: Addition of New Yarn Store to Turnbridge Mills (Textile) (1900) - plan# 7780ft0m

What's Nearby?

The following records are located within 100 meters:
RecordDistance (feet & meters)
Quay Street: New Teasing Rooms and Warehouse (1891) - plan# 217372ft22m
Quay Street: New Shed (brick piers) (1892) - plan# 220676ft23m
Quay Street: New Offices (1895) - plan# 2428119ft36m
Turnbridge Road / Quay Street: Lifting Bridge (1865)160ft49m
Quay Street: New Store Rooms (1889) - plan# 1973161ft49m
Quay Street: Mill, Engine House, Boiler House, Warehouse and Scatering Room. (1871) - plan# 170184ft56m
Dock Street: Four Privies and Ashes Store (Brick) (1891) - plan# 2154186ft57m
Quay Street: New Office (stone and slate) (1889) - plan# 1924192ft58m
Quay Street: Additions to Mill (1882) - plan# 1090204ft62m
Dock Street: Conversion of warehouse into 2 dwellings (1885) - plan# 1452271ft83m
Turnbridge Road: Addition of new block to Turnbridge Machine Works (stone and blue slate construction) (1886) - plan# 1580276ft84m
Quay Street: Ten Dwelling Houses (1887) - plan# 1609286ft87m
Quay Street: Long Chimney and Boiler House (1877) - plan# 595286ft87m
Turnbridge: Office (1882) - plan# 1129286ft87m
St. Andrew's Road: Weigh House and Time Offices + Laboratory (1882) - plan# 1135299ft91m

Comments