Deposited Plan No. 733

Lowerhead Row: Additions to Stable

Details

Deposited Plan Number:733
Date:12 May 1879
Plans Register:1869-1886
Street:Lowerhead Row
Property Name / Number:Eagle Saw Mills
Area:Turnbridge
District:Kirklees
Town:Huddersfield
Grid Reference:SE 1491 1690
Building Project:Additions to Stable
Type:Industrial - additions & alterations
Applicant:Tom Helm
Applicant Address:The Ferns, Halifax Old Road
Architect:Stead & Kaye [?]
Architect Address:no data
Status of Project:
Approved
Contractor:Stead & Kaye (Builders & Contractors)
Contractor Address:Bradford Road, Huddersfield
Work Commenced:no data
Work Completed:no data
Occupants:no data
Subsequent Alterations / History:Demolished
English Heritage Listing:no data
Location of Archives:Kirklees West Yorkshire Archives
Buildings of Huddersfield ID:735

Additional Information

Whilst the plans are unsigned, they are almost certainly the work of the contractors. The plans provide for the enlargement of exiting stables and the chamber above.

Approximate Location

Online maps: National Library of Scotland Historic Maps | Old Maps UK | Google | Google Street View | Bing
The red marker indicates the approximate location of this record. Green and yellow dots are locations of other geotagged records, where yellow means the building was subsequently demolished.

At the Same Location?

The following records are located within 10 meters:
RecordDistance (feet & meters)
Lowerhead Row: New Saw Mill (1875) - plan# 41933ft10m
Lowerhead Row: Alteration to Side of Offices (1875) - plan# 46533ft10m

What's Nearby?

The following records are located within 100 meters:
RecordDistance (feet & meters)
Lowerhead Row: New Warehouse and Shed (1885) - plan# 143993ft28m
Quay Street: New Office (stone and slate) (1889) - plan# 1924167ft51m
Quay Street: Mill, Engine House, Boiler House, Warehouse and Scatering Room. (1871) - plan# 170167ft51m
Quay Street: Additions to Mill (1882) - plan# 1090177ft54m
Turnbridge: Office (1882) - plan# 1129191ft58m
Lowerhead Row: New Warehouse and Offices (stone built) (1885) - plan# 1458191ft58m
Turnbridge Road: Addition of 4 W.Cs to Hoist Building (1890) - plan# 2017199ft61m
Turnbridge Road: Tool house and Workshop (1884) - plan# 1330199ft61m
Turnbridge: New Buildings and Long Chimney to Turnbridge Machineworks (1882) - plan# 1082207ft63m
Turnbridge Road: Warehouse Foundry and Boiler House (1871) - plan# 183207ft63m
Turnbridge Road: Wood Shed and 4 W.Cs (1888) - plan# 1756231ft71m
Lowerhead Row: New Sunday School (1899) - plan# 605231ft71m
Turnbridge Road: Building for Hydrolic Hoist (1889) - plan# 1913249ft76m
Quay Street: Long Chimney and Boiler House (1877) - plan# 595256ft78m
Quay Street: Ten Dwelling Houses (1887) - plan# 1609256ft78m
St. Andrew's Road: Weigh House and Time Offices + Laboratory (1882) - plan# 1135264ft80m
Turnbridge Road / Quay Street: Lifting Bridge (1865)264ft81m
Turnbridge Road: Addition of new block to Turnbridge Machine Works (stone and blue slate construction) (1886) - plan# 1580282ft86m
St. Andrew's Road: Additions to Dye Shed (1886) - plan# 1497293ft89m
Turnbridge Road: Chemical Shed and Chimney (1878) - plan# 660302ft92m
Anchor Street, off Turnbridge Road: Roof over Goods Yard and Store Room (1887) - plan# 1606309ft94m
Turnbridge Road: New 3 Story Mill Building (1888) - plan# 1781310ft95m

Comments