Deposited Plan No. 170

Quay Street: Mill, Engine House, Boiler House, Warehouse and Scatering Room.

Details

Deposited Plan Number:170
Date:13 July 1871
Plans Register:1869-1886
Street:Quay Street
Property Name / Number:Turnbridge Cotton Mills
Area:Turnbridge
District:Central Ward
Town:Huddersfield
Grid Reference:SE 1492 1685
Building Project:Mill, Engine House, Boiler House, Warehouse and Scatering Room.
Type:Industrial
Applicant:R. & W. Hirst
Applicant Address:Lockwood
Architect:John Kirk & Sons
Architect Address:no data
Status of Project:
Approved
Contractor:no data
Contractor Address:no data
Work Commenced:no data
Work Completed:no data
Occupants:R. & W. Hirst (cotton spinners of Turnbridge Cotton Mills) [1876 Directory p43]
Subsequent Alterations / History:Existing
English Heritage Listing:no data
Location of Archives:Kirklees West Yorkshire Archives
Buildings of Huddersfield ID:170

Additional Information

Plans deposited: 3 sheets (fragile, good quality should be copied)

  • large ground plan
  • elevation of mill to street
  • elevations of warehouse

Approximate Location

Online maps: National Library of Scotland Historic Maps | Old Maps UK | Google | Google Street View | Bing
The red marker indicates the approximate location of this record. Green and yellow dots are locations of other geotagged records, where yellow means the building was subsequently demolished.

What's Nearby?

The following records are located within 100 meters:
RecordDistance (feet & meters)
Quay Street: New Office (stone and slate) (1889) - plan# 192465ft20m
Quay Street: Additions to Mill (1882) - plan# 109098ft30m
Turnbridge Road / Quay Street: Lifting Bridge (1865)118ft36m
Turnbridge: Office (1882) - plan# 1129146ft45m
Lowerhead Row: Alteration to Side of Offices (1875) - plan# 465164ft50m
Lowerhead Row: New Saw Mill (1875) - plan# 419164ft50m
Lowerhead Row: Additions to Stable (1879) - plan# 733167ft51m
Quay Street: Addition of New Yarn Store to Turnbridge Mills (Textile) (1900) - plan# 778184ft56m
Quay Street: Turnbridge Mill (1846)184ft56m
Turnbridge Road: Warehouse Foundry and Boiler House (1871) - plan# 183191ft58m
Turnbridge Road: Addition of new block to Turnbridge Machine Works (stone and blue slate construction) (1886) - plan# 1580196ft60m
St. Andrew's Road: Weigh House and Time Offices + Laboratory (1882) - plan# 1135199ft61m
Quay Street: New Shed (brick piers) (1892) - plan# 2206207ft63m
Turnbridge Road: Tool house and Workshop (1884) - plan# 1330210ft64m
Quay Street: Long Chimney and Boiler House (1877) - plan# 595229ft70m
Quay Street: Ten Dwelling Houses (1887) - plan# 1609229ft70m
Quay Street: New Teasing Rooms and Warehouse (1891) - plan# 2173239ft73m
Lowerhead Row: New Warehouse and Shed (1885) - plan# 1439250ft76m
Turnbridge Road: Addition of 4 W.Cs to Hoist Building (1890) - plan# 2017256ft78m
Turnbridge Road: Wood Shed and 4 W.Cs (1888) - plan# 1756278ft85m
Turnbridge Road: Chemical Shed and Chimney (1878) - plan# 660280ft85m
Turnbridge: New Buildings and Long Chimney to Turnbridge Machineworks (1882) - plan# 1082282ft86m
Quay Street: New Store Rooms (1889) - plan# 1973282ft86m
Lowerhead Row: New Sunday School (1899) - plan# 605293ft89m
Turnbridge: Offices and Store Rooms (1869) - plan# 19296ft90m
Quay Street: New Offices (1895) - plan# 2428297ft90m
Turnbridge Road: Store Room, Time Office and Stable etc. (1883) - plan# 1243302ft92m
Turnbridge Road: Building for Hydrolic Hoist (1889) - plan# 1913328ft100m