Deposited Plan No. 1924

Quay Street: New Office (stone and slate)

Details

Deposited Plan Number:1924
Date:6 June 1889
Plans Register:1886-1899
Street:Quay Street
Property Name / Number:Turnbridge Cotton Mill
Area:Turnbridge
District:Kirklees
Town:Huddersfield
Grid Reference:SE 1490 1685
Building Project:New Office (stone and slate)
Type:Industrial
Applicant:William Hirst & Sons
Applicant Address:Turnbridge, Huddersfield
Architect:James Haton (Architect & Surveyor)
Architect Address:No 9, New Street, Huddersfield
Status of Project:
Approved (13 June 1889)
Contractor:no data
Contractor Address:no data
Work Commenced:no data
Work Completed:no data
Occupants:no data
Subsequent Alterations / History:Existing
English Heritage Listing:no data
Location of Archives:Kirklees West Yorkshire Archives
Buildings of Huddersfield ID:4108

Additional Information

Plans deposited: single sheet

  1. Block / floor Plan + Elevation & Section

Approximate Location

Online maps: National Library of Scotland Historic Maps | Old Maps UK | Google | Google Street View | Bing
The red marker indicates the approximate location of this record. Green and yellow dots are locations of other geotagged records, where yellow means the building was subsequently demolished.

At the Same Location?

The following records are located within 10 meters:
RecordDistance (feet & meters)
Quay Street: Additions to Mill (1882) - plan# 109033ft10m

What's Nearby?

The following records are located within 100 meters:
RecordDistance (feet & meters)
Quay Street: Mill, Engine House, Boiler House, Warehouse and Scatering Room. (1871) - plan# 17065ft20m
Quay Street: Long Chimney and Boiler House (1877) - plan# 595164ft50m
Quay Street: Ten Dwelling Houses (1887) - plan# 1609164ft50m
Lowerhead Row: Additions to Stable (1879) - plan# 733167ft51m
Lowerhead Row: Alteration to Side of Offices (1875) - plan# 465176ft54m
Lowerhead Row: New Saw Mill (1875) - plan# 419176ft54m
Turnbridge Road / Quay Street: Lifting Bridge (1865)176ft54m
Quay Street: Turnbridge Mill (1846)192ft58m
Quay Street: Addition of New Yarn Store to Turnbridge Mills (Textile) (1900) - plan# 778192ft58m
Turnbridge: Office (1882) - plan# 1129207ft63m
Quay Street: New Teasing Rooms and Warehouse (1891) - plan# 2173230ft70m
Lowerhead Row: New Warehouse and Shed (1885) - plan# 1439232ft71m
Lowerhead Row: New Sunday School (1899) - plan# 605236ft72m
Quay Street: New Shed (brick piers) (1892) - plan# 2206236ft72m
Turnbridge Road: Warehouse Foundry and Boiler House (1871) - plan# 183249ft76m
Quay Street: New Store Rooms (1889) - plan# 1973250ft76m
Turnbridge Road: Addition of new block to Turnbridge Machine Works (stone and blue slate construction) (1886) - plan# 1580262ft80m
St. Andrew's Road: Weigh House and Time Offices + Laboratory (1882) - plan# 1135264ft80m
Turnbridge Road: Tool house and Workshop (1884) - plan# 1330264ft80m
Turnbridge Road: Addition of 4 W.Cs to Hoist Building (1890) - plan# 2017302ft92m
Quay Street: New Offices (1895) - plan# 2428311ft95m
Turnbridge: New Buildings and Long Chimney to Turnbridge Machineworks (1882) - plan# 1082324ft99m
Turnbridge Road: Wood Shed and 4 W.Cs (1888) - plan# 1756327ft100m

Comments