Deposited Plan No. 1129

Turnbridge: Office

Details

Deposited Plan Number:1129
Date:14 September 1882
Plans Register:1869-1886
Street:Turnbridge
Property Name / Number:Turnbridge Machine Works
Area:Turnbridge
District:Kirklees
Town:Huddersfield
Grid Reference:SE 1496 1687
Building Project:Office
Type:Industrial
Applicant:John Sykes & Sons
Applicant Address:Turnbridge Machine Works, Huddersfield
Architect:no data
Architect Address:no data
Status of Project:
Approved
Contractor:no data
Contractor Address:no data
Work Commenced:no data
Work Completed:no data
Occupants:John Sykes & Sons
Subsequent Alterations / History:Demolished. Site now Cummins Turbo Technologies.
English Heritage Listing:no data
Location of Archives:Kirklees West Yorkshire Archives
Buildings of Huddersfield ID:1130

Additional Information

Pland deposited: 3 sheets (a)plan of works. (b)plan, front & end elevation + section (c)duplicate of plan b.

Approximate Location

Online maps: National Library of Scotland Historic Maps | Old Maps UK | Google | Google Street View | Bing
The red marker indicates the approximate location of this record. Green and yellow dots are locations of other geotagged records, where yellow means the building was subsequently demolished.

What's Nearby?

The following records are located within 100 meters:
RecordDistance (feet & meters)
Turnbridge Road: Warehouse Foundry and Boiler House (1871) - plan# 18346ft14m
Turnbridge Road: Tool house and Workshop (1884) - plan# 133073ft22m
St. Andrew's Road: Weigh House and Time Offices + Laboratory (1882) - plan# 113573ft22m
Turnbridge Road: Addition of new block to Turnbridge Machine Works (stone and blue slate construction) (1886) - plan# 158093ft28m
Turnbridge Road: Chemical Shed and Chimney (1878) - plan# 660135ft41m
Turnbridge Road: Addition of 4 W.Cs to Hoist Building (1890) - plan# 2017135ft41m
Turnbridge Road / Quay Street: Lifting Bridge (1865)135ft41m
Quay Street: Mill, Engine House, Boiler House, Warehouse and Scatering Room. (1871) - plan# 170146ft45m
Turnbridge Road: Wood Shed and 4 W.Cs (1888) - plan# 1756147ft45m
Lowerhead Row: New Saw Mill (1875) - plan# 419164ft50m
Lowerhead Row: Alteration to Side of Offices (1875) - plan# 465164ft50m
Turnbridge Road: Store Room, Time Office and Stable etc. (1883) - plan# 1243164ft50m
Turnbridge: Offices and Store Rooms (1869) - plan# 19167ft51m
Turnbridge: New Buildings and Long Chimney to Turnbridge Machineworks (1882) - plan# 1082167ft51m
Lowerhead Row: Additions to Stable (1879) - plan# 733191ft58m
Turnbridge Road: Engin House, Sheds, Chimney etc. (1877) - plan# 611199ft61m
Quay Street: New Office (stone and slate) (1889) - plan# 1924207ft63m
Turnbridge Road: Building for Hydrolic Hoist (1889) - plan# 1913207ft63m
St. Andrew's Road: New Warehouse (1893) - plan# 2303236ft72m
Turnbridge Road: New 3 Story Mill Building (1888) - plan# 1781236ft72m
Quay Street: Additions to Mill (1882) - plan# 1090238ft73m
St. Andrew's Road: Additions to Dye Shed (1886) - plan# 1497250ft76m
Quay Street: New Shed (brick piers) (1892) - plan# 2206271ft82m
Turnbridge Road: Chemical Shed, stable, offices. (1872) - plan# 207282ft86m
Lowerhead Row: New Warehouse and Shed (1885) - plan# 1439282ft86m
Quay Street: Turnbridge Mill (1846)286ft87m
Quay Street: Addition of New Yarn Store to Turnbridge Mills (Textile) (1900) - plan# 778286ft87m
St. Andrew's Road: New Dye House (1885) - plan# 1398293ft89m
St. Andrew's Road / Turnbridge Road: Six Dwelling Houses and Shop (1885) - plan# 1404302ft92m
St. Andrew's Road / Turnbridge Road: Six Cottages and Shop + Outbuildings (1890) - plan# 2044310ft95m
Violet Street & St. Andrew's Road: Three Houses and Shop + Privies and Coal Store (1889) - plan# 1953327ft100m

Comments