Deposited Plan No. 1135

St. Andrew's Road: Weigh House and Time Offices + Laboratory

Details

Deposited Plan Number:1135
Date:12 October 1882
Plans Register:1869-1886
Street:St. Andrew's Road
Property Name / Number:Turnbridge Color Works
Area:Town Centre
District:Kirklees
Town:Huddersfield
Grid Reference:SE 1498 1686
Building Project:Weigh House and Time Offices + Laboratory
Type:Industrial
Applicant:Read Holliday & Sons
Applicant Address:no data
Architect:no data
Architect Address:no data
Status of Project:
Approved
Contractor:F. & H. Calvert
Contractor Address:Moldgreen, Huddersfield
Work Commenced:no data
Work Completed:no data
Occupants:Read Holliday & Sons
Subsequent Alterations / History:Demolished. Site now Cummins Turbo Technologies.
English Heritage Listing:no data
Location of Archives:Kirklees West Yorkshire Archives
Buildings of Huddersfield ID:1136

Additional Information

Plans deposited: single sheet

  1. Front elevation (alteration of previous plan submited & disapproved).

Approximate Location

Online maps: National Library of Scotland Historic Maps | Old Maps UK | Google | Google Street View | Bing
The red marker indicates the approximate location of this record. Green and yellow dots are locations of other geotagged records, where yellow means the building was subsequently demolished.

What's Nearby?

The following records are located within 100 meters:
RecordDistance (feet & meters)
Turnbridge Road: Addition of new block to Turnbridge Machine Works (stone and blue slate construction) (1886) - plan# 158033ft10m
Turnbridge: Office (1882) - plan# 112973ft22m
Turnbridge Road: Warehouse Foundry and Boiler House (1871) - plan# 18373ft22m
Turnbridge Road: Chemical Shed and Chimney (1878) - plan# 66093ft28m
Turnbridge: Offices and Store Rooms (1869) - plan# 1998ft30m
Turnbridge Road: Store Room, Time Office and Stable etc. (1883) - plan# 1243103ft32m
Turnbridge Road: Tool house and Workshop (1884) - plan# 1330104ft32m
Turnbridge Road / Quay Street: Lifting Bridge (1865)139ft42m
Turnbridge Road: Engin House, Sheds, Chimney etc. (1877) - plan# 611146ft45m
Turnbridge Road: Wood Shed and 4 W.Cs (1888) - plan# 1756164ft50m
Turnbridge Road: Addition of 4 W.Cs to Hoist Building (1890) - plan# 2017167ft51m
Quay Street: Mill, Engine House, Boiler House, Warehouse and Scatering Room. (1871) - plan# 170199ft61m
Turnbridge: New Buildings and Long Chimney to Turnbridge Machineworks (1882) - plan# 1082200ft61m
St. Andrew's Road: New Warehouse (1893) - plan# 2303210ft64m
Turnbridge Road: Building for Hydrolic Hoist (1889) - plan# 1913229ft70m
St. Andrew's Road / Turnbridge Road: Six Dwelling Houses and Shop (1885) - plan# 1404231ft71m
Lowerhead Row: New Saw Mill (1875) - plan# 419236ft72m
Lowerhead Row: Alteration to Side of Offices (1875) - plan# 465236ft72m
St. Andrew's Road / Turnbridge Road: Six Cottages and Shop + Outbuildings (1890) - plan# 2044238ft73m
Turnbridge Road: New 3 Story Mill Building (1888) - plan# 1781239ft73m
Violet Street & St. Andrew's Road: Three Houses and Shop + Privies and Coal Store (1889) - plan# 1953256ft78m
St. Andrew's Road: New Dye House (1885) - plan# 1398256ft78m
Turnbridge Road: Chemical Shed, stable, offices. (1872) - plan# 207256ft78m
Quay Street: New Office (stone and slate) (1889) - plan# 1924264ft80m
Lowerhead Row: Additions to Stable (1879) - plan# 733264ft80m
Quay Street: New Shed (brick piers) (1892) - plan# 2206264ft81m
St. Andrew's Road: Additions to Dye Shed (1886) - plan# 1497264ft81m
Quay Street: Additions to Mill (1882) - plan# 1090296ft90m
St. Andrew's Road: Dining Room and Laboratory (1883) - plan# 1213296ft90m
Quay Street: Turnbridge Mill (1846)299ft91m
Quay Street: Addition of New Yarn Store to Turnbridge Mills (Textile) (1900) - plan# 778299ft91m