Deposited Plan No. 1580

Turnbridge Road: Addition of new block to Turnbridge Machine Works (stone and blue slate construction)


Deposited Plan Number:1580
Date:9 December 1886
Plans Register:no data
Street:Turnbridge Road
Property Name / Number:Turnbridge Machine Works
Grid Reference:SE 1498 1685
Building Project:Addition of new block to Turnbridge Machine Works (stone and blue slate construction)
Applicant:John Sykes & Sons
Applicant Address:Turnbridge, Huddersfield
Architect:David Sykes
Architect Address:Turnbridge Machine Works, Turnbridge Road, Huddersfield
Status of Project:
Contractor:no data
Contractor Address:no data
Work Commenced:no data
Work Completed:13 July 1888
Occupants:Sykes & Sons
Subsequent Alterations / History:Demolished. Site now Cummins Turbo Technologies.
English Heritage Listing:no data
Location of Archives:Kirklees West Yorkshire Archives
Buildings of Huddersfield ID:4065

Additional Information

Plans deposited: 4 sheets (all high quality with colour & in good condition)

  • 2 elevations (detailed, colour) + building plan & location plan

Dranage = 9" pot pipes into present drane

Water supply = Corporation

Approximate Location

Online maps: National Library of Scotland Historic Maps | Old Maps UK | Google | Google Street View | Bing
The red marker indicates the approximate location of this record. Green and yellow dots are locations of other geotagged records, where yellow means the building was subsequently demolished.

What's Nearby?

The following records are located within 100 meters:
RecordDistance (feet & meters)
St. Andrew's Road: Weigh House and Time Offices + Laboratory (1882) - plan# 113533ft10m
Turnbridge: Office (1882) - plan# 112993ft28m
Turnbridge: Offices and Store Rooms (1869) - plan# 19103ft32m
Turnbridge Road: Warehouse Foundry and Boiler House (1871) - plan# 183104ft32m
Turnbridge Road / Quay Street: Lifting Bridge (1865)118ft36m
Turnbridge Road: Store Room, Time Office and Stable etc. (1883) - plan# 1243118ft36m
Turnbridge Road: Chemical Shed and Chimney (1878) - plan# 660118ft36m
Turnbridge Road: Tool house and Workshop (1884) - plan# 1330135ft41m
Turnbridge Road: Engin House, Sheds, Chimney etc. (1877) - plan# 611164ft50m
Quay Street: Mill, Engine House, Boiler House, Warehouse and Scatering Room. (1871) - plan# 170196ft60m
Turnbridge Road: Wood Shed and 4 W.Cs (1888) - plan# 1756197ft60m
Turnbridge Road: Addition of 4 W.Cs to Hoist Building (1890) - plan# 2017200ft61m
St. Andrew's Road / Turnbridge Road: Six Dwelling Houses and Shop (1885) - plan# 1404229ft70m
St. Andrew's Road / Turnbridge Road: Six Cottages and Shop + Outbuildings (1890) - plan# 2044231ft71m
Turnbridge: New Buildings and Long Chimney to Turnbridge Machineworks (1882) - plan# 1082232ft71m
Violet Street & St. Andrew's Road: Three Houses and Shop + Privies and Coal Store (1889) - plan# 1953236ft72m
Quay Street: New Shed (brick piers) (1892) - plan# 2206236ft72m
St. Andrew's Road: New Warehouse (1893) - plan# 2303237ft72m
Lowerhead Row: Alteration to Side of Offices (1875) - plan# 465256ft78m
Lowerhead Row: New Saw Mill (1875) - plan# 419256ft78m
Quay Street: New Office (stone and slate) (1889) - plan# 1924262ft80m
Turnbridge Road: Building for Hydrolic Hoist (1889) - plan# 1913262ft80m
Turnbridge Road: New 3 Story Mill Building (1888) - plan# 1781271ft82m
Quay Street: Turnbridge Mill (1846)276ft84m
Quay Street: Addition of New Yarn Store to Turnbridge Mills (Textile) (1900) - plan# 778276ft84m
St. Andrew's Road: New Dye House (1885) - plan# 1398278ft85m
Lowerhead Row: Additions to Stable (1879) - plan# 733282ft86m
Turnbridge Road: Chemical Shed, stable, offices. (1872) - plan# 207282ft86m
Quay Street: Additions to Mill (1882) - plan# 1090294ft90m
St. Andrew's Road: Additions to Dye Shed (1886) - plan# 1497297ft91m
St. Andrew's Road: Dining Room and Laboratory (1883) - plan# 1213302ft92m