Deposited Plan No. 1606

Anchor Street, off Turnbridge Road: Roof over Goods Yard and Store Room

Details

Deposited Plan Number:1606
Date:7 January 1887
Plans Register:no data
Street:Anchor Street, off Turnbridge Road
Property Name / Number:Turnbridge Machine works
Area:Turnbridge
District:Kirklees
Town:Huddersfield
Grid Reference:SE 1496 1698
Building Project:Roof over Goods Yard and Store Room
Type:Industrial
Applicant:Mr. Metcalf
Applicant Address:Turnbridge, Huddersfield
Architect:Dawson & Jones
Architect Address:no data
Status of Project:
Approved (18 January 1887)
Contractor:no data
Contractor Address:no data
Work Commenced:no data
Work Completed:no data
Occupants:no data
Subsequent Alterations / History:Demolished. Site now Cummins Turbo Technologies.
English Heritage Listing:no data
Location of Archives:Kirklees West Yorkshire Archives
Buildings of Huddersfield ID:4069

Additional Information

Plans deposited: 2 sheets

  • Plan & elevations, elevation & section.

Roof of timber & felt construction

Approximate Location

Online maps: National Library of Scotland Historic Maps | Old Maps UK | Google | Google Street View | Bing
The red marker indicates the approximate location of this record. Green and yellow dots are locations of other geotagged records, where yellow means the building was subsequently demolished.

What's Nearby?

The following records are located within 100 meters:
RecordDistance (feet & meters)
St. Andrew's Road: New Shed (Brick) (1890) - plan# 2041118ft36m
St. Andrew's Road: Additions to Dye Shed (1886) - plan# 1497164ft50m
Turnbridge Road: Building for Hydrolic Hoist (1889) - plan# 1913177ft54m
Turnbridge: New Buildings and Long Chimney to Turnbridge Machineworks (1882) - plan# 1082199ft61m
Turnbridge Road: New 3 Story Mill Building (1888) - plan# 1781210ft64m
Turnbridge Road: Addition of 4 W.Cs to Hoist Building (1890) - plan# 2017232ft71m
Turnbridge Road: Wood Shed and 4 W.Cs (1888) - plan# 1756238ft73m
Lowerhead Row: New Warehouse and Offices (stone built) (1885) - plan# 1458280ft85m
Lowerhead Row: New Saw Mill (1875) - plan# 419293ft89m
Lowerhead Row: Alteration to Side of Offices (1875) - plan# 465293ft89m
Turnbridge Road: Tool house and Workshop (1884) - plan# 1330297ft90m
St. Andrew's Road: New Warehouse (1893) - plan# 2303302ft92m
Lowerhead Row: New Warehouse and Shed (1885) - plan# 1439302ft92m
Turnbridge Road: Chemical Shed, stable, offices. (1872) - plan# 207302ft92m
Lowerhead Row: Additions to Stable (1879) - plan# 733309ft94m
Turnbridge Road: New Offices and Front Wall to Existing Sheds (1893) - plan# 2278327ft100m