Deposited Plan No. 2017

Turnbridge Road: Addition of 4 W.Cs to Hoist Building

Details

Deposited Plan Number:2017
Date:12 March 1890
Plans Register:1886-1899
Street:Turnbridge Road
Property Name / Number:Turnbridge Machine Works
Area:Turnbridge
District:Kirklees
Town:Huddersfield
Grid Reference:SE 1497 1691
Building Project:Addition of 4 W.Cs to Hoist Building
Type:Industrial
Applicant:Ezra Sykes
Applicant Address:Turnbridge Machine Works, Turnbridge Road, Huddersfield
Architect:John Sykes & Sons [plans prepared by]
Architect Address:Turnbridge Machine Works, Turnbridge Road, Huddersfield
Status of Project:
Approved (13 March 1890)
Contractor:no data
Contractor Address:no data
Work Commenced:no data
Work Completed:no data
Occupants:John Sykes & Sons
Subsequent Alterations / History:Demolished. Site now Cummins Turbo Technologies.
English Heritage Listing:no data
Location of Archives:Kirklees West Yorkshire Archives
Buildings of Huddersfield ID:4117

Additional Information

Plans Deposited: Single sheet

  1. Plan & Section.

Approximate Location

Online maps: National Library of Scotland Historic Maps | Old Maps UK | Google | Google Street View | Bing
The red marker indicates the approximate location of this record. Green and yellow dots are locations of other geotagged records, where yellow means the building was subsequently demolished.

At the Same Location?

The following records are located within 10 meters:
RecordDistance (feet & meters)
Turnbridge Road: Wood Shed and 4 W.Cs (1888) - plan# 175633ft10m

What's Nearby?

The following records are located within 100 meters:
RecordDistance (feet & meters)
Turnbridge: New Buildings and Long Chimney to Turnbridge Machineworks (1882) - plan# 108233ft10m
Turnbridge Road: Tool house and Workshop (1884) - plan# 133066ft20m
Turnbridge Road: Building for Hydrolic Hoist (1889) - plan# 191373ft22m
Turnbridge Road: Warehouse Foundry and Boiler House (1871) - plan# 18398ft30m
Turnbridge Road: New 3 Story Mill Building (1888) - plan# 1781118ft36m
St. Andrew's Road: Additions to Dye Shed (1886) - plan# 1497118ft36m
Turnbridge: Office (1882) - plan# 1129135ft41m
Turnbridge Road: Chemical Shed and Chimney (1878) - plan# 660139ft42m
St. Andrew's Road: New Warehouse (1893) - plan# 2303164ft50m
Lowerhead Row: New Saw Mill (1875) - plan# 419167ft51m
Lowerhead Row: Alteration to Side of Offices (1875) - plan# 465167ft51m
St. Andrew's Road: Weigh House and Time Offices + Laboratory (1882) - plan# 1135167ft51m
Turnbridge Road: Store Room, Time Office and Stable etc. (1883) - plan# 1243185ft56m
Turnbridge Road: Engin House, Sheds, Chimney etc. (1877) - plan# 611191ft58m
Turnbridge Road: Chemical Shed, stable, offices. (1872) - plan# 207199ft61m
Lowerhead Row: Additions to Stable (1879) - plan# 733199ft61m
Turnbridge Road: Addition of new block to Turnbridge Machine Works (stone and blue slate construction) (1886) - plan# 1580200ft61m
Turnbridge: Offices and Store Rooms (1869) - plan# 19210ft64m
St. Andrew's Road: New Dye House (1885) - plan# 1398229ft70m
Anchor Street, off Turnbridge Road: Roof over Goods Yard and Store Room (1887) - plan# 1606232ft71m
Quay Street: Mill, Engine House, Boiler House, Warehouse and Scatering Room. (1871) - plan# 170256ft78m
Lowerhead Row: New Warehouse and Shed (1885) - plan# 1439264ft80m
Turnbridge Road / Quay Street: Lifting Bridge (1865)271ft82m
Quay Street: New Office (stone and slate) (1889) - plan# 1924302ft92m
St. Andrew's Road: New Shed (Brick) (1890) - plan# 2041302ft92m
Lowerhead Row: New Warehouse and Offices (stone built) (1885) - plan# 1458322ft98m
Quay Street: Additions to Mill (1882) - plan# 1090327ft100m
St. Andrew's Road / Turnbridge Road: Six Dwelling Houses and Shop (1885) - plan# 1404327ft100m

Comments