Deposited Plan No. 1913

Turnbridge Road: Building for Hydrolic Hoist

Details

Deposited Plan Number:1913
Date:4 May 1889
Plans Register:1886-1899
Street:Turnbridge Road
Property Name / Number:Turnbridge Machine Works
Area:Turnbridge
District:Kirklees
Town:Huddersfield
Grid Reference:SE 1498 1693
Building Project:Building for Hydrolic Hoist
Type:Industrial
Applicant:Edward Sykes
Applicant Address:Turnbridge, Huddersfield
Architect:J. Sykes & Sons [plans prepared by]
Architect Address:Turnbridge, Huddersfield
Status of Project:
Approved (9 May 1889)
Contractor:no data
Contractor Address:no data
Work Commenced:no data
Work Completed:no data
Occupants:J. Sykes & Sons
Subsequent Alterations / History:Demolished. Site now Cummins Turbo Technologies.
English Heritage Listing:no data
Location of Archives:Kirklees West Yorkshire Archives
Buildings of Huddersfield ID:4106

Additional Information

Plans Deposited: 2 Sheets

  1. Block Plan, Floor Plan & Elevations
  2. Section (showing foundations)& Elevations.

Foundations Inspected = 21 May 1889 (9am) inspector Harvey Sutcliffe

Approximate Location

Online maps: National Library of Scotland Historic Maps | Old Maps UK | Google | Google Street View | Bing
The red marker indicates the approximate location of this record. Green and yellow dots are locations of other geotagged records, where yellow means the building was subsequently demolished.

What's Nearby?

The following records are located within 100 meters:
RecordDistance (feet & meters)
Turnbridge: New Buildings and Long Chimney to Turnbridge Machineworks (1882) - plan# 108246ft14m
St. Andrew's Road: Additions to Dye Shed (1886) - plan# 149746ft14m
Turnbridge Road: Wood Shed and 4 W.Cs (1888) - plan# 175665ft20m
Turnbridge Road: New 3 Story Mill Building (1888) - plan# 178165ft20m
Turnbridge Road: Addition of 4 W.Cs to Hoist Building (1890) - plan# 201773ft22m
Turnbridge Road: Tool house and Workshop (1884) - plan# 1330135ft41m
St. Andrew's Road: New Warehouse (1893) - plan# 2303146ft45m
Turnbridge Road: Chemical Shed, stable, offices. (1872) - plan# 207167ft51m
Turnbridge Road: Warehouse Foundry and Boiler House (1871) - plan# 183167ft51m
Anchor Street, off Turnbridge Road: Roof over Goods Yard and Store Room (1887) - plan# 1606177ft54m
Turnbridge Road: Chemical Shed and Chimney (1878) - plan# 660177ft54m
St. Andrew's Road: New Dye House (1885) - plan# 1398207ft63m
Turnbridge: Office (1882) - plan# 1129207ft63m
Turnbridge Road: Engin House, Sheds, Chimney etc. (1877) - plan# 611210ft64m
Lowerhead Row: Alteration to Side of Offices (1875) - plan# 465220ft67m
Lowerhead Row: New Saw Mill (1875) - plan# 419220ft67m
Turnbridge Road: Store Room, Time Office and Stable etc. (1883) - plan# 1243220ft67m
St. Andrew's Road: Weigh House and Time Offices + Laboratory (1882) - plan# 1135229ft70m
St. Andrew's Road: New Shed (Brick) (1890) - plan# 2041232ft71m
Lowerhead Row: Additions to Stable (1879) - plan# 733249ft76m
Turnbridge: Offices and Store Rooms (1869) - plan# 19250ft76m
Turnbridge Road: Addition of new block to Turnbridge Machine Works (stone and blue slate construction) (1886) - plan# 1580262ft80m
Lowerhead Row: New Warehouse and Shed (1885) - plan# 1439296ft90m
Turnbridge Road: New Offices and Front Wall to Existing Sheds (1893) - plan# 2278309ft94m
Quay Street: Mill, Engine House, Boiler House, Warehouse and Scatering Room. (1871) - plan# 170328ft100m

Comments