Deposited Plan No. 1497

St. Andrew's Road: Additions to Dye Shed


Deposited Plan Number:1497
Date:9 February 1886
Plans Register:no data
Street:St. Andrew's Road
Property Name / Number:Turnbridge Colour Works
Area:Turnbridge, HD1 6RA
Grid Reference:SE 1499 1694
Building Project:Additions to Dye Shed
Applicant:Read Holliday & Sons
Applicant Address:Turnbridge, Huddersfield
Architect:B. Calvert
Architect Address:Firth Street, Huddersfield
Status of Project:
Contractor:no data
Contractor Address:no data
Work Commenced:no data
Work Completed:no data
Occupants:Read Holliday & Sons
Subsequent Alterations / History:Demolished. Site now Cummins Turbo Technologies.
English Heritage Listing:no data
Location of Archives:Kirklees West Yorkshire Archives
Buildings of Huddersfield ID:4054

Additional Information

Plans deposited: 3 sheets

  1. Plans + elevations
  2. Sections
  3. Location Plan.

Dranage = 12" Earthenware Pipes

Approximate Location

Online maps: National Library of Scotland Historic Maps | Old Maps UK | Google | Google Street View | Bing
The red marker indicates the approximate location of this record. Green and yellow dots are locations of other geotagged records, where yellow means the building was subsequently demolished.

What's Nearby?

The following records are located within 100 meters:
RecordDistance (feet & meters)
Turnbridge Road: New 3 Story Mill Building (1888) - plan# 178146ft14m
Turnbridge Road: Building for Hydrolic Hoist (1889) - plan# 191346ft14m
Turnbridge: New Buildings and Long Chimney to Turnbridge Machineworks (1882) - plan# 108293ft28m
Turnbridge Road: Wood Shed and 4 W.Cs (1888) - plan# 1756104ft32m
Turnbridge Road: Addition of 4 W.Cs to Hoist Building (1890) - plan# 2017118ft36m
St. Andrew's Road: New Warehouse (1893) - plan# 2303139ft42m
Turnbridge Road: Chemical Shed, stable, offices. (1872) - plan# 207146ft45m
Anchor Street, off Turnbridge Road: Roof over Goods Yard and Store Room (1887) - plan# 1606164ft50m
Turnbridge Road: Tool house and Workshop (1884) - plan# 1330177ft54m
St. Andrew's Road: New Dye House (1885) - plan# 1398191ft58m
St. Andrew's Road: New Shed (Brick) (1890) - plan# 2041197ft60m
Turnbridge Road: Chemical Shed and Chimney (1878) - plan# 660200ft61m
Turnbridge Road: Warehouse Foundry and Boiler House (1871) - plan# 183207ft63m
Turnbridge Road: Engin House, Sheds, Chimney etc. (1877) - plan# 611220ft67m
Turnbridge Road: Store Room, Time Office and Stable etc. (1883) - plan# 1243239ft73m
Turnbridge: Office (1882) - plan# 1129250ft76m
Turnbridge Road: New Offices and Front Wall to Existing Sheds (1893) - plan# 2278264ft80m
Lowerhead Row: Alteration to Side of Offices (1875) - plan# 465264ft80m
Lowerhead Row: New Saw Mill (1875) - plan# 419264ft80m
St. Andrew's Road: Weigh House and Time Offices + Laboratory (1882) - plan# 1135264ft81m
Turnbridge: Offices and Store Rooms (1869) - plan# 19270ft82m
Lowerhead Row: Additions to Stable (1879) - plan# 733293ft89m
Turnbridge Road: Addition of new block to Turnbridge Machine Works (stone and blue slate construction) (1886) - plan# 1580297ft91m
St. Andrew's Road: New Store Shed and Filter Beds (1885) - plan# 1471310ft95m
St. Andrew's Road: New Shed (1888) - plan# 1720322ft98m