Deposited Plan No. 1781

Turnbridge Road: New 3 Story Mill Building

Details

Deposited Plan Number:1781
Date:7 May 1888
Plans Register:no data
Street:Turnbridge Road
Property Name / Number:Turnbridge
Area:Turnbridge
District:Kirklees
Town:Huddersfield
Grid Reference:SE 1500 1693
Building Project:New 3 Story Mill Building
Type:Industrial
Applicant:John Sykes & Sons
Applicant Address:Turnbridge, Huddersfield
Architect:John Sykes & Sons [plans prepared by]
Architect Address:Turnbridge, Huddersfield
Status of Project:
Approved (10 May 1888)
Contractor:no data
Contractor Address:no data
Work Commenced:no data
Work Completed:no data
Occupants:John Sykes & Sons
Subsequent Alterations / History:Demolished. Site now Cummins Turbo Technologies.
English Heritage Listing:no data
Location of Archives:Kirklees West Yorkshire Archives
Buildings of Huddersfield ID:4085

Additional Information

Plans deposited: 5 sheets (good quality, full colour)

  • floor plan, block plan, section with foundations, 2 sheets elevations

Approximate Location

Online maps: National Library of Scotland Historic Maps | Old Maps UK | Google | Google Street View | Bing
The red marker indicates the approximate location of this record. Green and yellow dots are locations of other geotagged records, where yellow means the building was subsequently demolished.

What's Nearby?

The following records are located within 100 meters:
RecordDistance (feet & meters)
St. Andrew's Road: Additions to Dye Shed (1886) - plan# 149746ft14m
Turnbridge Road: Building for Hydrolic Hoist (1889) - plan# 191365ft20m
St. Andrew's Road: New Warehouse (1893) - plan# 230393ft28m
Turnbridge Road: Wood Shed and 4 W.Cs (1888) - plan# 175693ft28m
Turnbridge: New Buildings and Long Chimney to Turnbridge Machineworks (1882) - plan# 1082103ft32m
Turnbridge Road: Chemical Shed, stable, offices. (1872) - plan# 207103ft32m
Turnbridge Road: Addition of 4 W.Cs to Hoist Building (1890) - plan# 2017118ft36m
St. Andrew's Road: New Dye House (1885) - plan# 1398146ft45m
Turnbridge Road: Tool house and Workshop (1884) - plan# 1330164ft50m
Turnbridge Road: Chemical Shed and Chimney (1878) - plan# 660164ft50m
Turnbridge Road: Engin House, Sheds, Chimney etc. (1877) - plan# 611177ft54m
Turnbridge Road: Warehouse Foundry and Boiler House (1871) - plan# 183191ft58m
Turnbridge Road: Store Room, Time Office and Stable etc. (1883) - plan# 1243200ft61m
Anchor Street, off Turnbridge Road: Roof over Goods Yard and Store Room (1887) - plan# 1606210ft64m
St. Andrew's Road: New Shed (Brick) (1890) - plan# 2041232ft71m
Turnbridge: Offices and Store Rooms (1869) - plan# 19232ft71m
Turnbridge: Office (1882) - plan# 1129236ft72m
St. Andrew's Road: Weigh House and Time Offices + Laboratory (1882) - plan# 1135239ft73m
Turnbridge Road: New Offices and Front Wall to Existing Sheds (1893) - plan# 2278256ft78m
Turnbridge Road: Addition of new block to Turnbridge Machine Works (stone and blue slate construction) (1886) - plan# 1580271ft82m
Lowerhead Row: Alteration to Side of Offices (1875) - plan# 465280ft85m
Lowerhead Row: New Saw Mill (1875) - plan# 419280ft85m
St. Andrew's Road: New Store Shed and Filter Beds (1885) - plan# 1471293ft89m
St. Andrew's Road: Dining Room and Laboratory (1883) - plan# 1213302ft92m
St. Andrew's Road: New Shed (1888) - plan# 1720309ft94m
St. Andrew's Road / Turnbridge Road: Six Dwelling Houses and Shop (1885) - plan# 1404309ft94m
Lowerhead Row: Additions to Stable (1879) - plan# 733310ft95m

Comments