Deposited Plan No. 1330

Turnbridge Road: Tool house and Workshop

Details

Deposited Plan Number:1330
Date:9 August 1884
Plans Register:no data
Street:Turnbridge Road
Property Name / Number:Turnbridge Machine Works
Area:Turnbridge, HD1 6RA
District:Kirklees
Town:Huddersfield
Grid Reference:SE 1497 1689
Building Project:Tool house and Workshop
Type:Industrial
Applicant:James Jenings ?
Applicant Address:30 watergate, Huddersfield
Architect:Samuel Sheard
Architect Address:no data
Status of Project:
Approved (14 August 1884)
Contractor:no data
Contractor Address:no data
Work Commenced:no data
Work Completed:no data
Occupants:no data
Subsequent Alterations / History:Demolished. Site now Cummins Turbo Technologies.
English Heritage Listing:no data
Location of Archives:Kirklees West Yorkshire Archives
Buildings of Huddersfield ID:4037

Additional Information

None.

Approximate Location

Online maps: National Library of Scotland Historic Maps | Old Maps UK | Google | Google Street View | Bing
The red marker indicates the approximate location of this record. Green and yellow dots are locations of other geotagged records, where yellow means the building was subsequently demolished.

What's Nearby?

The following records are located within 100 meters:
RecordDistance (feet & meters)
Turnbridge Road: Warehouse Foundry and Boiler House (1871) - plan# 18333ft10m
Turnbridge Road: Addition of 4 W.Cs to Hoist Building (1890) - plan# 201766ft20m
Turnbridge: Office (1882) - plan# 112973ft22m
Turnbridge Road: Wood Shed and 4 W.Cs (1888) - plan# 175673ft22m
Turnbridge: New Buildings and Long Chimney to Turnbridge Machineworks (1882) - plan# 108298ft30m
Turnbridge Road: Chemical Shed and Chimney (1878) - plan# 660104ft32m
St. Andrew's Road: Weigh House and Time Offices + Laboratory (1882) - plan# 1135104ft32m
Turnbridge Road: Building for Hydrolic Hoist (1889) - plan# 1913135ft41m
Turnbridge Road: Addition of new block to Turnbridge Machine Works (stone and blue slate construction) (1886) - plan# 1580135ft41m
Turnbridge Road: Store Room, Time Office and Stable etc. (1883) - plan# 1243146ft45m
Turnbridge: Offices and Store Rooms (1869) - plan# 19164ft50m
Turnbridge Road: New 3 Story Mill Building (1888) - plan# 1781164ft50m
Lowerhead Row: New Saw Mill (1875) - plan# 419167ft51m
Lowerhead Row: Alteration to Side of Offices (1875) - plan# 465167ft51m
Turnbridge Road: Engin House, Sheds, Chimney etc. (1877) - plan# 611167ft51m
St. Andrew's Road: New Warehouse (1893) - plan# 2303176ft54m
St. Andrew's Road: Additions to Dye Shed (1886) - plan# 1497177ft54m
Lowerhead Row: Additions to Stable (1879) - plan# 733199ft61m
Turnbridge Road / Quay Street: Lifting Bridge (1865)207ft63m
Quay Street: Mill, Engine House, Boiler House, Warehouse and Scatering Room. (1871) - plan# 170210ft64m
Turnbridge Road: Chemical Shed, stable, offices. (1872) - plan# 207220ft67m
St. Andrew's Road: New Dye House (1885) - plan# 1398238ft73m
Quay Street: New Office (stone and slate) (1889) - plan# 1924264ft80m
Lowerhead Row: New Warehouse and Shed (1885) - plan# 1439280ft85m
Quay Street: Additions to Mill (1882) - plan# 1090293ft89m
St. Andrew's Road / Turnbridge Road: Six Dwelling Houses and Shop (1885) - plan# 1404293ft89m
Anchor Street, off Turnbridge Road: Roof over Goods Yard and Store Room (1887) - plan# 1606297ft90m
St. Andrew's Road / Turnbridge Road: Six Cottages and Shop + Outbuildings (1890) - plan# 2044309ft94m

Comments