Deposited Plan No. 1082

Turnbridge: New Buildings and Long Chimney to Turnbridge Machineworks

Details

Deposited Plan Number:1082
Date:26 April 1882
Plans Register:1869-1886
Street:Turnbridge
Property Name / Number:Turnbridge Machineworks
Area:Turnbridge
District:Kirklees
Town:Huddersfield
Grid Reference:SE 1497 1692
Building Project:New Buildings and Long Chimney to Turnbridge Machineworks
Type:Industrial
Applicant:John Sykes & Son
Applicant Address:Turnbridge, Huddersfield
Architect:David Sykes [?]
Architect Address:no data
Status of Project:
Approved - subject to chimney being to height of 75 feet
Contractor:no data
Contractor Address:no data
Work Commenced:no data
Work Completed:no data
Occupants:no data
Subsequent Alterations / History:Demolished. Site now Cummins Turbo Technologies.
English Heritage Listing:no data
Location of Archives:Kirklees West Yorkshire Archives
Buildings of Huddersfield ID:1083

Additional Information

development includes a Foundry, Machine shop, Stables & a new long chimney.

11 sheets of plans deposited.

Approximate Location

Online maps: National Library of Scotland Historic Maps | Old Maps UK | Google | Google Street View | Bing
The red marker indicates the approximate location of this record. Green and yellow dots are locations of other geotagged records, where yellow means the building was subsequently demolished.

What's Nearby?

The following records are located within 100 meters:
RecordDistance (feet & meters)
Turnbridge Road: Addition of 4 W.Cs to Hoist Building (1890) - plan# 201733ft10m
Turnbridge Road: Building for Hydrolic Hoist (1889) - plan# 191346ft14m
Turnbridge Road: Wood Shed and 4 W.Cs (1888) - plan# 175646ft14m
St. Andrew's Road: Additions to Dye Shed (1886) - plan# 149793ft28m
Turnbridge Road: Tool house and Workshop (1884) - plan# 133098ft30m
Turnbridge Road: New 3 Story Mill Building (1888) - plan# 1781103ft32m
Turnbridge Road: Warehouse Foundry and Boiler House (1871) - plan# 183131ft40m
Turnbridge Road: Chemical Shed and Chimney (1878) - plan# 660164ft50m
St. Andrew's Road: New Warehouse (1893) - plan# 2303167ft51m
Turnbridge: Office (1882) - plan# 1129167ft51m
Lowerhead Row: New Saw Mill (1875) - plan# 419176ft54m
Lowerhead Row: Alteration to Side of Offices (1875) - plan# 465176ft54m
Turnbridge Road: Chemical Shed, stable, offices. (1872) - plan# 207196ft60m
Anchor Street, off Turnbridge Road: Roof over Goods Yard and Store Room (1887) - plan# 1606199ft61m
St. Andrew's Road: Weigh House and Time Offices + Laboratory (1882) - plan# 1135200ft61m
Lowerhead Row: Additions to Stable (1879) - plan# 733207ft63m
Turnbridge Road: Engin House, Sheds, Chimney etc. (1877) - plan# 611210ft64m
Turnbridge Road: Store Room, Time Office and Stable etc. (1883) - plan# 1243210ft64m
St. Andrew's Road: New Dye House (1885) - plan# 1398231ft71m
Turnbridge Road: Addition of new block to Turnbridge Machine Works (stone and blue slate construction) (1886) - plan# 1580232ft71m
Turnbridge: Offices and Store Rooms (1869) - plan# 19236ft72m
Lowerhead Row: New Warehouse and Shed (1885) - plan# 1439262ft80m
St. Andrew's Road: New Shed (Brick) (1890) - plan# 2041270ft82m
Quay Street: Mill, Engine House, Boiler House, Warehouse and Scatering Room. (1871) - plan# 170282ft86m
Turnbridge Road / Quay Street: Lifting Bridge (1865)302ft92m
Lowerhead Row: New Warehouse and Offices (stone built) (1885) - plan# 1458310ft95m
Quay Street: New Office (stone and slate) (1889) - plan# 1924324ft99m

Comments