Deposited Plan No. 1756

Turnbridge Road: Wood Shed and 4 W.Cs


Deposited Plan Number:1756
Date:13 March 1888
Plans Register:no data
Street:Turnbridge Road
Property Name / Number:Turnbridge Machine Works
Grid Reference:SE 1498 1691
Building Project:Wood Shed and 4 W.Cs
Applicant:J. Sykes & Sons
Applicant Address:Turnbridge, Huddersfield
Architect:David Sykes [plans prepared by]
Architect Address:Turnbridge Machine Works, Huddersfield
Status of Project:
Approved (15 March 1888)
Contractor:no data
Contractor Address:no data
Work Commenced:no data
Work Completed:no data
Occupants:no data
Subsequent Alterations / History:Demolished. Site now Cummins Turbo Technologies.
English Heritage Listing:no data
Location of Archives:Kirklees West Yorkshire Archives
Buildings of Huddersfield ID:4083

Additional Information

Plans deposited: 2 sheets (good quality, colour)

  • Block Plan, Plan & Elevations

Approximate Location

Online maps: National Library of Scotland Historic Maps | Old Maps UK | Google | Google Street View | Bing
The red marker indicates the approximate location of this record. Green and yellow dots are locations of other geotagged records, where yellow means the building was subsequently demolished.

At the Same Location?

The following records are located within 10 meters:
RecordDistance (feet & meters)
Turnbridge Road: Addition of 4 W.Cs to Hoist Building (1890) - plan# 201733ft10m

What's Nearby?

The following records are located within 100 meters:
RecordDistance (feet & meters)
Turnbridge: New Buildings and Long Chimney to Turnbridge Machineworks (1882) - plan# 108246ft14m
Turnbridge Road: Building for Hydrolic Hoist (1889) - plan# 191365ft20m
Turnbridge Road: Tool house and Workshop (1884) - plan# 133073ft22m
Turnbridge Road: New 3 Story Mill Building (1888) - plan# 178193ft28m
St. Andrew's Road: Additions to Dye Shed (1886) - plan# 1497104ft32m
Turnbridge Road: Warehouse Foundry and Boiler House (1871) - plan# 183104ft32m
Turnbridge Road: Chemical Shed and Chimney (1878) - plan# 660118ft36m
St. Andrew's Road: New Warehouse (1893) - plan# 2303131ft40m
Turnbridge: Office (1882) - plan# 1129147ft45m
Turnbridge Road: Engin House, Sheds, Chimney etc. (1877) - plan# 611164ft50m
Turnbridge Road: Store Room, Time Office and Stable etc. (1883) - plan# 1243164ft50m
St. Andrew's Road: Weigh House and Time Offices + Laboratory (1882) - plan# 1135164ft50m
Turnbridge Road: Chemical Shed, stable, offices. (1872) - plan# 207167ft51m
Turnbridge: Offices and Store Rooms (1869) - plan# 19191ft58m
St. Andrew's Road: New Dye House (1885) - plan# 1398196ft60m
Turnbridge Road: Addition of new block to Turnbridge Machine Works (stone and blue slate construction) (1886) - plan# 1580197ft60m
Lowerhead Row: Alteration to Side of Offices (1875) - plan# 465199ft61m
Lowerhead Row: New Saw Mill (1875) - plan# 419199ft61m
Lowerhead Row: Additions to Stable (1879) - plan# 733231ft71m
Anchor Street, off Turnbridge Road: Roof over Goods Yard and Store Room (1887) - plan# 1606238ft73m
Quay Street: Mill, Engine House, Boiler House, Warehouse and Scatering Room. (1871) - plan# 170278ft85m
Turnbridge Road / Quay Street: Lifting Bridge (1865)280ft85m
Lowerhead Row: New Warehouse and Shed (1885) - plan# 1439296ft90m
St. Andrew's Road: New Shed (Brick) (1890) - plan# 2041297ft90m
St. Andrew's Road / Turnbridge Road: Six Dwelling Houses and Shop (1885) - plan# 1404302ft92m
St. Andrew's Road: Dining Room and Laboratory (1883) - plan# 1213322ft98m
St. Andrew's Road / Turnbridge Road: Six Cottages and Shop + Outbuildings (1890) - plan# 2044324ft99m
Quay Street: New Office (stone and slate) (1889) - plan# 1924327ft100m