Deposited Plan No. 2044

St. Andrew's Road / Turnbridge Road: Six Cottages and Shop + Outbuildings

Details

Deposited Plan Number:2044
Date:3 June 1890
Plans Register:1886-1899
Street:St. Andrew's Road / Turnbridge Road
Property Name / Number:no data
Area:Turnbridge
District:Kirklees
Town:Huddersfield
Grid Reference:SE 1505 1684
Building Project:Six Cottages and Shop + Outbuildings
Type:Domestic / Commercial
Applicant:Read Holliday & Sons
Applicant Address:Turnbridge, Huddersfield
Architect:Willie Cooper
Architect Address:Lord Street, Huddersfield
Status of Project:
Approved (12 June 1890)
Contractor:Mark Brook (Builder)
Contractor Address:North View, Leeds Road, Huddersfield
Work Commenced:June 1890
Work Completed:27 January 1891
Occupants:no data
Subsequent Alterations / History:Demolished (site now car park owned by the University of Huddersfield)
English Heritage Listing:no data
Location of Archives:Kirklees West Yorkshire Archives
Buildings of Huddersfield ID:4121

Additional Information

Same plans as application no. 1404 submitted on 11 March 1885 with alterations, it appears that although application 1404 was approved the houses were not built at the time and slightly altered plans for the same development prepared by a different architect (W. Cooper) were resubmitted in May 1890 as plan no. 2038 these were rejected but amended plans for the project were submitted a third time on 3 June 1890 and were this time approved and the buildings constructed (all work completed by 27 January 1891)

Buildings are stone faced with grey slate roof.

Plans deposited: 4 sheets

  1. Ground Floor Plan
  2. First Floor Plan
  3. Elevations & Sections
  4. Plan of outbuildings "5 privies & 3 ash stores"

Drains = 6" Glazed Sanitary tubes

Watter supply = Corporation Water

Foundations inspected = 4 June 1890 (4pm)

Damp Course Inspected = 20 June 1890 (11am)

Drainage inspected = 18 September 1890 (5pm)

Final Certificate = 27 January 1891 (6pm)

Approximate Location

Online maps: National Library of Scotland Historic Maps | Old Maps UK | Google | Google Street View | Bing
The red marker indicates the approximate location of this record. Green and yellow dots are locations of other geotagged records, where yellow means the building was subsequently demolished.

What's Nearby?

The following records are located within 100 meters:
RecordDistance (feet & meters)
St. Andrew's Road / Turnbridge Road: Six Dwelling Houses and Shop (1885) - plan# 140433ft10m
Violet Street & St. Andrew's Road: Three Houses and Shop + Privies and Coal Store (1889) - plan# 1953104ft32m
St. Andrew's Road: Dining Room and Laboratory (1883) - plan# 1213118ft36m
Turnbridge: Offices and Store Rooms (1869) - plan# 19146ft45m
St. Andrew's Road: Three Cottages and Out Buildings (Stone and Blue Slate) (1891) - plan# 2107164ft50m
Turnbridge Road: Store Room, Time Office and Stable etc. (1883) - plan# 1243164ft50m
Turnbridge Road: Engin House, Sheds, Chimney etc. (1877) - plan# 611164ft50m
St. Andrew's Road: Long Chimney (Brick, 81 yards high) (1890) - plan# 2052207ft63m
Turnbridge Road: Chemical Shed and Chimney (1878) - plan# 660210ft64m
St. Andrew's Road, Turnbridge: Long Chimney (1883) - plan# 1218219ft67m
Turnbridge Road: Addition of new block to Turnbridge Machine Works (stone and blue slate construction) (1886) - plan# 1580231ft71m
St. Andrew's Road: New Dye House (1885) - plan# 1398232ft71m
St. Andrew's Road: Weigh House and Time Offices + Laboratory (1882) - plan# 1135238ft73m
St. Andrew's Road: New Warehouse (1893) - plan# 2303250ft76m
Turnbridge Road: Chemical Shed, stable, offices. (1872) - plan# 207270ft82m
Turnbridge Road: Warehouse Foundry and Boiler House (1871) - plan# 183293ft89m
Turnbridge Road: Tool house and Workshop (1884) - plan# 1330309ft94m
Turnbridge Road: New Open Shed and Warehouse (1893) - plan# 2304309ft94m
Turnbridge: Office (1882) - plan# 1129310ft95m
Turnbridge Road: Wood Shed and 4 W.Cs (1888) - plan# 1756324ft99m

Comments