Deposited Plan No. 1404

St. Andrew's Road / Turnbridge Road: Six Dwelling Houses and Shop


Deposited Plan Number:1404
Date:11 March 1885
Plans Register:no data
Street:St. Andrew's Road / Turnbridge Road
Property Name / Number:no data
Grid Reference:SE 1505 1685
Building Project:Six Dwelling Houses and Shop
Applicant:Read Holliday & Sons
Applicant Address:Fartown
Architect:James Mitchal [?]
Architect Address:no data
Status of Project:
Contractor:no data
Contractor Address:no data
Work Commenced:no data
Work Completed:no data
Occupants:no data
Subsequent Alterations / History:Demolished (site currently a car park owned by the University of Huddersfield)
English Heritage Listing:no data
Location of Archives:Kirklees West Yorkshire Archives
Buildings of Huddersfield ID:4040

Additional Information

Plans deposited (High quality detailed plans with water colour)

  • 1 sheet Plans Basement / Ground / first floor
  • 1 sheet elevations

Approximate Location

Online maps: National Library of Scotland Historic Maps | Old Maps UK | Google | Google Street View | Bing
The red marker indicates the approximate location of this record. Green and yellow dots are locations of other geotagged records, where yellow means the building was subsequently demolished.

What's Nearby?

The following records are located within 100 meters:
RecordDistance (feet & meters)
St. Andrew's Road / Turnbridge Road: Six Cottages and Shop + Outbuildings (1890) - plan# 204433ft10m
St. Andrew's Road: Dining Room and Laboratory (1883) - plan# 121393ft28m
Turnbridge: Offices and Store Rooms (1869) - plan# 19135ft41m
Violet Street & St. Andrew's Road: Three Houses and Shop + Privies and Coal Store (1889) - plan# 1953135ft41m
Turnbridge Road: Engin House, Sheds, Chimney etc. (1877) - plan# 611139ft42m
Turnbridge Road: Store Room, Time Office and Stable etc. (1883) - plan# 1243146ft45m
Turnbridge Road: Chemical Shed and Chimney (1878) - plan# 660191ft58m
St. Andrew's Road: Three Cottages and Out Buildings (Stone and Blue Slate) (1891) - plan# 2107191ft58m
St. Andrew's Road: New Dye House (1885) - plan# 1398200ft61m
St. Andrew's Road: Long Chimney (Brick, 81 yards high) (1890) - plan# 2052219ft67m
St. Andrew's Road: New Warehouse (1893) - plan# 2303220ft67m
Turnbridge Road: Addition of new block to Turnbridge Machine Works (stone and blue slate construction) (1886) - plan# 1580229ft70m
St. Andrew's Road: Weigh House and Time Offices + Laboratory (1882) - plan# 1135231ft71m
St. Andrew's Road, Turnbridge: Long Chimney (1883) - plan# 1218236ft72m
Turnbridge Road: Chemical Shed, stable, offices. (1872) - plan# 207239ft73m
Turnbridge Road: Warehouse Foundry and Boiler House (1871) - plan# 183280ft85m
Turnbridge Road: Tool house and Workshop (1884) - plan# 1330293ft89m
Turnbridge Road: New Open Shed and Warehouse (1893) - plan# 2304293ft89m
Turnbridge: Office (1882) - plan# 1129302ft92m
Turnbridge Road: Wood Shed and 4 W.Cs (1888) - plan# 1756302ft92m
Turnbridge Road: New 3 Story Mill Building (1888) - plan# 1781309ft94m
Turnbridge Road: Addition of 4 W.Cs to Hoist Building (1890) - plan# 2017327ft100m