Deposited Plan No. 1243

Turnbridge Road: Store Room, Time Office and Stable etc.

Details

Deposited Plan Number:1243
Date:13 October 1883
Plans Register:1869-1886
Street:Turnbridge Road
Property Name / Number:Turnbridge Color Works
Area:Turnbridge
District:Kirklees
Town:Huddersfield
Grid Reference:SE 1501 1687
Building Project:Store Room, Time Office and Stable etc.
Type:Industrial - additions & alterations
Applicant:Read Holliday & Sons
Applicant Address:Turnbridge, Huddersfield
Architect:F. & H. Calvert [plans received John B. Calvert]
Architect Address:Firth Street, Huddersfield
Status of Project:
Approved
Contractor:F. & H. Calvert [?]
Contractor Address:Firth Street, Huddersfield
Work Commenced:no data
Work Completed:no data
Occupants:Read Holliday & Sons
Subsequent Alterations / History:Demolished. Site now Cummins Turbo Technologies.
English Heritage Listing:no data
Location of Archives:Kirklees West Yorkshire Archives
Buildings of Huddersfield ID:3575

Additional Information

The plans provide for the erction of an eleven bay two storey building, approximately 76 feet x 26 feet. There is no obvious detailing on the building, most of which is occupied by storage. There is a time keeper's office at one end, presumably adjacent to the gates into the premises; and a stable at the other end.

Plans deposited: 2 sheets (a)Elevations to Turnbridge Road & Elevation of Stable + 2 Sections. (b)Side Elevation to yard & Ground Plan.

Approximate Location

Online maps: National Library of Scotland Historic Maps | Old Maps UK | Google | Google Street View | Bing
The red marker indicates the approximate location of this record. Green and yellow dots are locations of other geotagged records, where yellow means the building was subsequently demolished.

What's Nearby?

The following records are located within 100 meters:
RecordDistance (feet & meters)
Turnbridge: Offices and Store Rooms (1869) - plan# 1933ft10m
Turnbridge Road: Chemical Shed and Chimney (1878) - plan# 66046ft14m
Turnbridge Road: Engin House, Sheds, Chimney etc. (1877) - plan# 61146ft14m
St. Andrew's Road: Weigh House and Time Offices + Laboratory (1882) - plan# 1135103ft32m
Turnbridge Road: Addition of new block to Turnbridge Machine Works (stone and blue slate construction) (1886) - plan# 1580118ft36m
Turnbridge Road: Warehouse Foundry and Boiler House (1871) - plan# 183135ft41m
St. Andrew's Road: New Warehouse (1893) - plan# 2303135ft41m
St. Andrew's Road / Turnbridge Road: Six Dwelling Houses and Shop (1885) - plan# 1404146ft45m
Turnbridge Road: Tool house and Workshop (1884) - plan# 1330146ft45m
Turnbridge: Office (1882) - plan# 1129164ft50m
St. Andrew's Road / Turnbridge Road: Six Cottages and Shop + Outbuildings (1890) - plan# 2044164ft50m
St. Andrew's Road: New Dye House (1885) - plan# 1398164ft50m
Turnbridge Road: Wood Shed and 4 W.Cs (1888) - plan# 1756164ft50m
Turnbridge Road: Chemical Shed, stable, offices. (1872) - plan# 207177ft54m
Turnbridge Road: Addition of 4 W.Cs to Hoist Building (1890) - plan# 2017185ft56m
St. Andrew's Road: Dining Room and Laboratory (1883) - plan# 1213196ft60m
Turnbridge Road: New 3 Story Mill Building (1888) - plan# 1781200ft61m
Turnbridge: New Buildings and Long Chimney to Turnbridge Machineworks (1882) - plan# 1082210ft64m
Violet Street & St. Andrew's Road: Three Houses and Shop + Privies and Coal Store (1889) - plan# 1953220ft67m
Turnbridge Road: Building for Hydrolic Hoist (1889) - plan# 1913220ft67m
Turnbridge Road / Quay Street: Lifting Bridge (1865)236ft72m
St. Andrew's Road: Additions to Dye Shed (1886) - plan# 1497239ft73m
Quay Street: Mill, Engine House, Boiler House, Warehouse and Scatering Room. (1871) - plan# 170302ft92m
Lowerhead Row: New Saw Mill (1875) - plan# 419310ft95m
Lowerhead Row: Alteration to Side of Offices (1875) - plan# 465310ft95m
St. Andrew's Road: Three Cottages and Out Buildings (Stone and Blue Slate) (1891) - plan# 2107324ft99m

Comments