Deposited Plan No. 660

Turnbridge Road: Chemical Shed and Chimney

Details

Deposited Plan Number:660
Date:13 June 1878
Plans Register:1869-1886
Street:Turnbridge Road
Property Name / Number:Turnbridge Colour Works
Area:Turnbridge
District:Kirklees
Town:Huddersfield
Grid Reference:SE 1500 1688
Building Project:Chemical Shed and Chimney
Type:Industrial
Applicant:Read Holliday & Sons
Applicant Address:no data
Architect:Edward Hughes
Architect Address:no data
Status of Project:
Approved
Contractor:no data
Contractor Address:no data
Work Commenced:no data
Work Completed:no data
Occupants:Read Holliday & Sons
Subsequent Alterations / History:Demolished. Site now Cummins Turbo Technologies.
English Heritage Listing:no data
Location of Archives:Kirklees West Yorkshire Archives
Buildings of Huddersfield ID:662

Additional Information

Plans deposited: Single sheet

  1. Plan, Section, Elevation & Block plan + Chimney Elevation.

Approximate Location

Online maps: National Library of Scotland Historic Maps | Old Maps UK | Google | Google Street View | Bing
The red marker indicates the approximate location of this record. Green and yellow dots are locations of other geotagged records, where yellow means the building was subsequently demolished.

What's Nearby?

The following records are located within 100 meters:
RecordDistance (feet & meters)
Turnbridge Road: Store Room, Time Office and Stable etc. (1883) - plan# 124346ft14m
Turnbridge Road: Engin House, Sheds, Chimney etc. (1877) - plan# 61165ft20m
Turnbridge: Offices and Store Rooms (1869) - plan# 1973ft22m
St. Andrew's Road: Weigh House and Time Offices + Laboratory (1882) - plan# 113593ft28m
Turnbridge Road: Warehouse Foundry and Boiler House (1871) - plan# 18398ft30m
Turnbridge Road: Tool house and Workshop (1884) - plan# 1330104ft32m
Turnbridge Road: Addition of new block to Turnbridge Machine Works (stone and blue slate construction) (1886) - plan# 1580118ft36m
Turnbridge Road: Wood Shed and 4 W.Cs (1888) - plan# 1756118ft36m
St. Andrew's Road: New Warehouse (1893) - plan# 2303118ft36m
Turnbridge: Office (1882) - plan# 1129135ft41m
Turnbridge Road: Addition of 4 W.Cs to Hoist Building (1890) - plan# 2017139ft42m
St. Andrew's Road: New Dye House (1885) - plan# 1398164ft50m
Turnbridge Road: Chemical Shed, stable, offices. (1872) - plan# 207164ft50m
Turnbridge: New Buildings and Long Chimney to Turnbridge Machineworks (1882) - plan# 1082164ft50m
Turnbridge Road: New 3 Story Mill Building (1888) - plan# 1781164ft50m
Turnbridge Road: Building for Hydrolic Hoist (1889) - plan# 1913177ft54m
St. Andrew's Road / Turnbridge Road: Six Dwelling Houses and Shop (1885) - plan# 1404191ft58m
St. Andrew's Road: Additions to Dye Shed (1886) - plan# 1497200ft61m
St. Andrew's Road / Turnbridge Road: Six Cottages and Shop + Outbuildings (1890) - plan# 2044210ft64m
St. Andrew's Road: Dining Room and Laboratory (1883) - plan# 1213231ft70m
Turnbridge Road / Quay Street: Lifting Bridge (1865)232ft71m
Violet Street & St. Andrew's Road: Three Houses and Shop + Privies and Coal Store (1889) - plan# 1953264ft80m
Lowerhead Row: Alteration to Side of Offices (1875) - plan# 465270ft82m
Lowerhead Row: New Saw Mill (1875) - plan# 419270ft82m
Quay Street: Mill, Engine House, Boiler House, Warehouse and Scatering Room. (1871) - plan# 170280ft85m
Lowerhead Row: Additions to Stable (1879) - plan# 733302ft92m